PDA

View Full Version : some good news

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
here at least, the 421 / 501 series is discontinued. with the 423 & B552 taking their place.
the B601 is also discontinued with the B652 taking its place.

I predict once the BW only version of the 754 is released the 751 will be gone totally and forever too.

Seems like a good time to be a KM tech on office machines, we may never get our hands dirty again or rebuild anything :cool:

although I didnt actually mind pulling a machine apart, changing a thousand parts and doing a full PM occasionally..

Darren King
02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
It will be a glorious day when all the legacy konica crap is gone. I may have a party to celebrate.

emujo
02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I have machines that have been "discontinued" for 10 years...still have service contracts on them..I believe I'll put the "party" off for a few more years...Emujo

Darren King
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Well emujo I didn't say I was having the party tomorrow. lol. It will be several years for me too. However it will be a good day when it finally happens.:D

emujo
02-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, gotta love having a trunk full of crap for the color boxes, and getting a call for an EP3050 that needs a fuser roller...But in the company's defense, these old boxes still generate revenue for us...you can wipe out an entire year of profit with one C652 that won't get past the "Splash Screen". Emujo

EarthKmTech
02-14-2012, 09:23 PM
are the analogs still supported in the USA ?

here everything upto the DI350 series (from memory) is no longer supported, and the 70xx & 71xx & 72xx series are no longer being supported this year or next too.

by end of support i mean you cant even buy toner for them anymore after stock runs/ran out and all parts have been crushed..

I've never had the pleasure of working on an analog machine, I feel sorry for some techs who have never touched a computer in their life and now its basically mandatory to to have IT knowledge to do this job or join the unemployment line.
Fortunately as a geek, I enjoy the IT side of things - I was at one stage an install only tech but eventually found that mind numbingly boring dealing with I.T. contractors of varying levels of competency and couriers that are always late or not show up at all etc.. Training excited new owners was draining trying to match their level of enthusiasm too. Give me a tool bag and a real problem any day of the week, never get sick of that..

RRodgers
02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, gotta love having a trunk full of crap for the color boxes, and getting a call for an EP3050 that needs a fuser roller...But in the company's defense, these old boxes still generate revenue for us...you can wipe out an entire year of profit with one C652 that won't get past the "Splash Screen". Emujo

Godda agree with the C652 thing. It can really suck.

We have a customer that has a 7145 and the will not upgrade, they say they can't afford it right now. Course they are paying like $.03 a click on it. LoL

Glaander
02-15-2012, 01:37 AM
here at least, the 421 / 501 series is discontinued. with the 423 & B552 taking their place.
the B601 is also discontinued with the B652 taking its place.

I predict once the BW only version of the 754 is released the 751 will be gone totally and forever too.

Seems like a good time to be a KM tech on office machines, we may never get our hands dirty again or rebuild anything :cool:

although I didnt actually mind pulling a machine apart, changing a thousand parts and doing a full PM occasionally..

not all, they kept only 501, discontinued 361 and 421, and closest you can get is 363, 423, and 283

fixthecopier
02-17-2012, 09:47 PM
YES, YES, YES. I have been in 420 hell this week. What idiot design engineer thought it was a good idea to have to remove the side door just to get the duplex wire harness out from behind a hinge.

Custom Search