PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 print driver for Konica 7022 with IP422 ???

Custom Search

Laserbeam
02-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

my customer has a new PC with Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit. Now, I'm searching for a print driver for his Konica 7022 with IP 422. Unfortunatelly on the Konicaminolta website I don't find a driver for his OS.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

EarthKmTech
02-14-2012, 02:33 AM
people with old peices of sh** should really check the compatibility of it with new OS versions before going ahead with the update and expecting miracles when it comes to connecting old out dated equipment to it. This is the customers responsibility not the technicians.

I'd be telling them NO even if it can be with some back door method, and sell them a new machine. This machine is/will be discontinued for parts support shortly if it hasn't already been anyway. :cool:

TheOwl
02-14-2012, 03:25 AM
You can't download this driver from Konica Minolta, but you can get the generic driver for this machine from Microsoft.

When you go to install your printer and it comes up with the list of printers, click on "Windows Update" and then once the list is presented (can take up to ten minutes) choose Konica as the Manufaturer and scroll the list of Printers until you reach Konica/IP-422 PS.

The machine will have to have the PS kit installed though for the driver to function properly.

The device is still supported, but through Microsoft, so will probably won't get any driver updates.

sebastion
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I believe there is a windows xp 64bit that will work..:)

Laserbeam
02-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks for your quick responses!

This 7022 stands in a small company with 3 employees. Only a few prints are made​​ per day. If printing does not work with Win7, the customer is willing to buy another device.
Next week I'll try it and tell you again shortly.

I wish you all a successful day!

clb
03-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks for your quick responses!

This 7022 stands in a small company with 3 employees. Only a few prints are made​​ per day. If printing does not work with Win7, the customer is willing to buy another device.
Next week I'll try it and tell you again shortly.

I wish you all a successful day!

I am not sure if your client is still trying to use the konica 7022 on the Windows 7 operating system, but I do have a way that they can print to it. I have one here as well, that I had to maneuver myself. I have only tested it with connecting it through an IP Address and not a direct connect. Here are the steps that you will need to do that have worked for me:

1: Installing, use Windows Updates to find the driver, or click on New Driver and work your way through there. Very important to select Windows Update.

2: After windows updates pulls up the drivers, select konica for the model, and select the driver: Konica Minolta Di552 PCL5e

3: After it installs, do not print the test page. Just close out of the finished installing section.

4. Go to the printer properties, and click on port. Once you have selected the port that you are using, click configure port.

5: When the new window pops up, it will already have RAW selected for the Protocol, and it will have the port number as 9011 or 9001. Change the port number to 10001. It will give you an error the first time you try to change it, click OK to it. Click on Configure Port again, and change it one more time. It will close the window, but now just click on Configure Port so you can see for yourself that the port number has taken then click OK.

6: Click back on General, and print your test page.

This has worked for me, I hope it works for you as well if you still need it. :).

MCBIG
03-23-2012, 04:44 PM
TheOwl is on the money! I have to walk IT guys through that procedure far too often.

Shadow
03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
just to let you all know, the Windows 2003 driver will work with the Windows 7.
I have used it to setup the same machine configuration for a client.

Laserbeam
04-01-2012, 02:18 PM
@ clb

thanks for your detailed information!!

@ TheOwl,

i followed exactly your instructions and now the 7022 is printing under Win7 very well :o.
Fortunatelly, in the IP-Controller there was built in a PS module.

TheOwl
04-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Maybe I should have also mentioned that you could have also used an HP Driver like a Laserjet 4, or a Laserjet 9050. As most of the Laserjet drivers are PCL which is a common language (unlike PS which changes from mantufacturer unless they use a genuine PS) so most copiers will understand that.

You can use the HP drivers from the Windows Update as well which is where most of the legacy HP stuff is instead of using their dreaded Universal Driver... lol

habik
05-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Maybe I should have also mentioned that you could have also used an HP Driver like a Laserjet 4, or a Laserjet 9050. As most of the Laserjet drivers are PCL which is a common language (unlike PS which changes from mantufacturer unless they use a genuine PS) so most copiers will understand that.

You can use the HP drivers from the Windows Update as well which is where most of the legacy HP stuff is instead of using their dreaded Universal Driver... lol

Tried today to hook up Win7 x64 to a c350 used all sorts of drivers and methods = Win2003 xp all versions possible, HP almost all PCL drivers..unsuccessful shame.. thought I gonna crack this..well Upgrade already on the way so my worries are over :D

Max Kilby
05-18-2012, 04:11 AM
IP 422 and IP 421 are all OK with using 'older' drivers like XP64 bit for win7 64 bit etc.

Just don't bother if you have an old machine using the IP011.

Not sure why but nothing I did seemed to work at all from any adaptation of any suggestions above. Using the Konica generic driver, Windows generic HP drivers, Windows update etc etc,

However - changing out the IP011 for an IP421 and installing an XP64 bit version works a treat.

Can't figure out why they won't talk the same language - anyone care to hazard a guess (in terms an idiot like me can understand)?

Just looking for a plausible explanation - the issue is fixed already.

Thanks guys.

Max Kilby
05-18-2012, 04:19 AM
Tried today to hook up Win7 x64 to a c350 used all sorts of drivers and methods = Win2003 xp all versions possible, HP almost all PCL drivers..unsuccessful shame.. thought I gonna crack this..well Upgrade already on the way so my worries are over :D

Are you definitely picking the right card version?

IC401 doesn't work on 'Built-In' controller and vice versa.

Managed a few successful installations similar to yours (Win7 x64 on C350) using the vista 64 drivers.....

ddude
05-18-2012, 06:25 AM
IP 422 and IP 421 are all OK with using 'older' drivers like XP64 bit for win7 64 bit etc.

Just don't bother if you have an old machine using the IP011.

Not sure why but nothing I did seemed to work at all from any adaptation of any suggestions above. Using the Konica generic driver, Windows generic HP drivers, Windows update etc etc,

However - changing out the IP011 for an IP421 and installing an XP64 bit version works a treat.

Can't figure out why they won't talk the same language - anyone care to hazard a guess (in terms an idiot like me can understand)?

Just looking for a plausible explanation - the issue is fixed already.

Thanks guys.

The IP011 is a GDI driven controller, this depends on the MS Windows system to create the image that is sent to the printer- you cannot get around Windows with this controller- The IP421 is a true controller that will render the data into an image that the machine will understand, regardless of where the image came from. With the IP421, you can emulate many different brands of printers, the controller does all of the hard work to make sure that the print job appears correct.

ddude
05-18-2012, 06:42 AM
'Virtual Printing' used to be a hard-to-configure aspect of our job. If a customer had a computer that would only print to some weird, unheard-of printer, there was not much that we could do to change that. Along comes software that could interpret printer code so that the customer can now print to my device, instead of a proprietary system. You can set up you MFP to emulate a wide range of obscure printers now, with only a small effort on your part.

habik
05-18-2012, 01:19 PM

Forgot to add , when tried to use it with our Olivetti version MF22 (C350) I managed to get a test print out on Win7 x64 with HP LJ 9500 I was able to do window update, Tried both 9100 and 10001 port and worked OK. Confident went to see client and when tried to do the same it did not work... could not do Windows update though on clients PC so I thin there is the core problem.

TheOwl
05-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Some companies may have the Windows Update disable because they use a service called WSUS (Windows Software Update Services).

What you can do how ever is to do a test print on your PC where you could get the driver to download and work, do a test print and then copy all the files on the test page onto a USB drive.

While I haven't tested this myself, it should work as all the files in say a normally downloaded driver, are copied in to %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\x64\ (for a 64Bit system).

Give that a try or login to the PC using a local or domain administrator account which might let you get around the WSUS thing.

habik
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Are you definitely picking the right card version?

IC401 doesn't work on 'Built-In' controller and vice versa.

Managed a few successful installations similar to yours (Win7 x64 on C350) using the vista 64 drivers.....

You mean Generic Card or HP Jet? I always use Generic Card when setting up new port.

Tried port 9100 and 10001. Funny is that I have managed to get my Win7 x64 on our local office machine to work with C22PCL5 driver ..though I just repeat the same process on my clients machine...Boy I was wrong..either missed a step or just their Win7 professional is different to my enterprise. Not sure. I was able to do Windows update. I was not able to do it on my clients PC. Also I have noticed their PC was loosing LAN connection and I tried different cable and rebooted local router also. So whether there is the issue..I really don't know. I for sure can't go back and ask to try something else as their frustration ended with a NEW machine which is already in site :D . When I get the c350( actually is Olivetti MF22) so it is a vendor version, but it should have the same FW etc. back to the office. I will have a closer look.

Thank you for your input.

habik
05-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Some companies may have the Windows Update disable because they use a service called WSUS (Windows Software Update Services).

What you can do how ever is to do a test print on your PC where you could get the driver to download and work, do a test print and then copy all the files on the test page onto a USB drive.

While I haven't tested this myself, it should work as all the files in say a normally downloaded driver, are copied in to %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\x64\ (for a 64Bit system).

Give that a try or login to the PC using a local or domain administrator account which might let you get around the WSUS thing.

Thanks OWL I will definitely give that a try next time I experience the same issue.
OR
I will try and do it on my colleagues laptop without win update and just bang it in..just to test your theory. Many thanks. Worth to remember!! Is that process named as FORCED install?

TheOwl
05-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Once you have the files from %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3 and have copied them to something like a USB drive, then you would just install those drivers using 'Have disk' from the Add Printer Wizard.

Custom Search