PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera 3050 First Page Blank Scan

Custom Search

Mooseface2r
02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi, can anyone help me out with this.

got a customer that when they scan double sided the first side of everypage comes though blank, it also does this on sigle sided sometimes. it does this intermitently and sometimes it will not just be blank but will be grey. i have attatched an example.

it is one of the single pass document feeders.

thankyou for your help...14440

Mooseface2r
02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Any Idea?

Mooseface2r
02-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks, i was thinking it might be more a problem with the DF. the fact it does it so randomly makes it difficult to diognose

luis8832
02-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I had a similar issue, it was intermittent. I went back with the kyocera rep and found that the issue was the doc feeder. This was a while ago, if i am not mistaken it was a belt in the doc feeder itself that was slipping. Remove gthe back cover of doc feeder and check. I think your issue lies there. Let me know what happens.:cool:

rashid120
02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Try first what Luis8832 said .it happens some time when the belt is loose with the gear and check also one way gear and also please check the ribbon cable for the cis in document feeder.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Iqbal:cool:

aodtech
02-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi, can anyone help me out with this.

got a customer that when they scan double sided the first side of everypage comes though blank, it also does this on sigle sided sometimes. it does this intermitently and sometimes it will not just be blank but will be grey. i have attatched an example.

it is one of the single pass document feeders.

thankyou for your help...14440

A little more info please. Are the originals already double sided? Are pages missing from the scan or are there extra blank pages added? Does this occur when copying or just scanning? Have you been able to duplicate this problem or are you taking the customer's word for it? If you scan colored paper, especially darker color it'll show up with a grey background. It sounds like your customer is doing something wrong.

blackcat4866
02-18-2012, 11:29 AM
A little more info please. Are the originals already double sided? Are pages missing from the scan or are there extra blank pages added? Does this occur when copying or just scanning? Have you been able to duplicate this problem or are you taking the customer's word for it? If you scan colored paper, especially darker color it'll show up with a grey background. It sounds like your customer is doing something wrong.

Like aodtech, I think that there's more to this than just first glance.

It could very well be something very simple like the scanner defaulted to duplex originals, and a stack of one sided originals. Or the enduser presses Recall button, and gets unintended duplex scanning.

Have you actually seen this personally, and tested various combinations of functions? =^..^=

Mooseface2r
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Wassup, i went back last week and checked out the belt and couldn't see a problem, the ribbon cable is still a possibility though.

I have replicated the fault myself only once, all the other times it has worked for me but the customer phones about it almost every morning. The document i scanned is a two sided document. the copier was set to scan two email two sided PDF. the example is how it came through, as you can see with the first side of each page blank.

i have looked at the history and apparently visited the machine for the the reason of "copier printing blank pages when copying" over a year ago but found no fault on arrival, it seems they have always had the problem its just only come to light since they started to scan alot more.

thanks for the help

aodtech
02-19-2012, 06:02 AM
I'm still convinced that is nothing more than an operator error. The one time that you actually replicated the problem. How many pages was the document? Was it letter size? Did every single page have print on both sides? And finally with your test, was the final output like your attached example? Every other page blank? Sorry for a answering your question with another question, but this just doesn't make sense in any way.

Mooseface2r
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Not a problem, thanks for trying to help.

Their were 5 sheets of paper
It was A4
Double sided
Every page did have something on both sides

Yes by scanning the above i received in the inbox the attachment. (added again)14498

10 pages, 5 sheets. but the first side of every sheet is coming through blank when there was text on the pages.

Thanks for your help!

kyocera.team
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm still convinced that is nothing more than an operator error. The one time that you actually replicated the problem. How many pages was the document? Was it letter size? Did every single page have print on both sides? And finally with your test, was the final output like your attached example? Every other page blank? Sorry for a answering your question with another question, but this just doesn't make sense in any way.
my friend
your problem because the belt scanner motor. check it i can said i'm sure 99.99%
good luck

Mooseface2r
04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Kyocera.team when you say the belt scanner motor where is this motor? we have replaced the machine as couldnt get to the bottom of it but is still like to figure this out.

we replaced the doc feeder so its definately not that also ran it to smb but it still did the same problem.....when scanning double sided the first side would come through blank.

habik
04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Kyocera.team when you say the belt scanner motor where is this motor? we have replaced the machine as couldnt get to the bottom of it but is still like to figure this out.

we replaced the doc feeder so its definately not that also ran it to smb but it still did the same problem.....when scanning double sided the first side would come through blank.

Back up your address book and format the HDD. put everything back to default. try again with latest FW.

Another thing that came to my mind is a possible failing memory.

Custom Search