PDA

View Full Version : What are VXL drivers?

Custom Search

Hansoon
02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
The title says it already: What are VXL drivers? Cannot find info on it. Is that a KonicaMinolta thingy?

Hans

habik
02-15-2012, 02:19 PM
The title says it already: What are VXL drivers? Cannot find info on it. Is that a KonicaMinolta thingy?

Hans

I am guessing that it may me Virtual PCL/XL driver (PCL 6 Enhanced)

\\\\

Any IT around?

boanda
02-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Win xp,wista,7x64 Pcl drivers i believe:o

habik
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I am guessing that it may me Virtual PCL/XL driver (PCL 6 Enhanced)

\\\\

Any IT around?

The VXL printer driver is newly released for Windows 7.

TheOwl
02-15-2012, 09:59 PM
When talking Konica Minolta, any driver with a V with in the name type, has a visual GUI.

Unlike a real PostScript driver which has no pretty pictures, VPS (Visual PostScript) has the GUI added to it.

Now I believe that the VXL driver is based on the PCL driver with enhancements like Habik suggested and the V again standing for an included Visual GUI.

habik
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
When talking Konica Minolta, any driver with a V with in the name type, has a visual GUI.

Unlike a real PostScript driver which has no pretty pictures, VPS (Visual PostScript) has the GUI added to it.

Now I believe that the VXL driver is based on the PCL driver with enhancements like Habik suggested and the V again standing for an included Visual GUI.

Nice one Owl, credit to you.

So pretty much the same like Automated driver install next >next >next >next > Finish :D hehe

TheOwl
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
If the driver has a setup file, then yeah, you can just click on next.

I prefer to add printers using the add printer wizard as you don't know what else driver executables install like print monitors and other uneccessary software.

Don N.
02-29-2012, 01:45 AM
If you d/l the KM VPS (Postscript) or VXL (PCL) Win7 drivers, they will let you use the add printer wiz and browse to the ini file found under 350_250_200_VPS_EN\Driver\PS\EN\Win_x64 or x86. This is good if you're setting up the pc to print and the copier isn't connected yet, or if you like taking the wiz like Owl said...
OR
You can use the setup file, next, next,,, but it will do a network search, so you need to be connected already. You gotta know what version o.s. <32 or 64bit> either way.

Custom Search