PDA

View Full Version : KM C352 scan to smb problem with Win 7 x64

Custom Search

kronical
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi, I have a customer with a C352 that was set up with scan to folder via SMB. He previously had a WinXP system and everything was groovy. Recently, the computer system went down and was replaced by a newer system running Win 7 Pro x64. This is not a new thing for me, and can SMB scan from pretty much any device I need to set up with Win 7 (all builds) by modifying the Win7 sharing settings. HOWEVER - this is the first time I have had to set up SMB from a C352 to Win7. With all settings adjusted appropriately, I cannot for the life of me get this machine to scan into Win7 via SMB. I also run Win7Pro x64 on my laptop, which again is set properly with the settings, and works perfectly fine with SMB on all models, except the C352. Firmware is the latest and has been re-flashed for this as well. Unfortunately I do not have another C352 around to further test this, but like I said, even to my laptop every other model I support works just fine via SMB. This particular machine has the Fiery controller on it, and I am going in today to bypass the Fiery to see if the situation changes, but I highly doubt it will. Has anyone else seen/heard of anything related to this? Any ideas?

sebastion
02-15-2012, 03:02 PM
u need to set up a seperate user name for scanning do a search on google for windows 7 scan to smb there are some videos of how to set it up on a konica

kronical
02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
u need to set up a seperate user name for scanning do a search on google for windows 7 scan to smb there are some videos of how to set it up on a konica

Been there, done that. I am posting because Google and all other resources have proved useless. And no, a separate account is not necessary if the user's account is set up properly and passworded. It's all about the permissions.

As stated, this is the ONLY model in the entire KM line that I am having issue with. I am hoping it is not just some stupid coding on the model that prevents it from working with Win7, since all other models have no issue. The only thing at this point that I can think of is the Fiery buggering up the communication, and I will know later this morning if the Fiery is part of the problem or not. I will update when I know. Otherwise, I am still looking to see if there is another C352 around that I can do some further testing - to identify whether this is a problem with this particular machine, or an issue with the model's compatibility.

That being said, thanks for the quick response!

sebastion
02-15-2012, 03:25 PM
ok sorry about that,good luck never tried to set it up with a machine with a Fiery,not sure if thats the issue

kronical
02-15-2012, 03:39 PM
No problem, it's best to make sure all the basics were covered before trying to get into anything more detailed/complex. Like I said I will post my findings when I get out and try it with the Fiery removed. Worst case I guess I gotta show this guy how to scan to the Fiery and retrieve the files... which I know works, but you know customers, the simpler the better.

emujo
02-15-2012, 03:48 PM
To use the emperon controller for scanning, you must have the Fiery set up correctly..."Obtain IP for engine" to yes, and emperon in DHCP..Since scan to the XP box was working I assume this was done correctly..My guess would be the NTLM settings (symptoms would be a login failure each time). On the newer boxes you can select NTLM ver 1, 2, or 1/2..not to sure about the C352 series...Look under admin, network settings, SMB settings . I looked at a bizhub 500 and the choices are available so I assume the C352 is the same way. Anyway, try NTLM ver 1/2 and see if anything changes...On the B&W 282 and below Bizhubs, there is a firmware update that add the digitally signed signature requirements to scan to a 2003 server, not sure if Win7 is looking for these signatures also, but might be another place to troubleshoot. Emujo

kronical
02-15-2012, 05:45 PM
To use the emperon controller for scanning, you must have the Fiery set up correctly..."Obtain IP for engine" to yes, and emperon in DHCP..Since scan to the XP box was working I assume this was done correctly..My guess would be the NTLM settings (symptoms would be a login failure each time). On the newer boxes you can select NTLM ver 1, 2, or 1/2..not to sure about the C352 series...Look under admin, network settings, SMB settings . I looked at a bizhub 500 and the choices are available so I assume the C352 is the same way. Anyway, try NTLM ver 1/2 and see if anything changes...On the B&W 282 and below Bizhubs, there is a firmware update that add the digitally signed signature requirements to scan to a 2003 server, not sure if Win7 is looking for these signatures also, but might be another place to troubleshoot. Emujo

This has all already been looked at. The signed signatures is the only thing that has not been discussed or thought of, so I will have to look into this as well.

I should clarify a little more. When you try to scan via SMB, the machine reports Job Complete, but the file never appears in the designated folder. Also, the machine is not actually on a network, it is directly connected via crossover to the PC in question. Testing has been done with it configured on a proper network, with no change in the results.

UPDATE - I have bypassed the Fiery on the machine, and reconfigured. SMB is working just fine in this manner, however without the Fiery, spooling takes an unacceptable amount of time. Hopefully, there is a setting on the Fiery to remedy this situation. I will have to look into it, but any ideas from any of the Fiery gurus would be appreciated.

emujo
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
From KM website

What environments are supported for PC (SMB) scanning?
Solution:
The following environments are supported/not supported for PC (SMB) scanning:
1. Supported environment:
a. Connection to file sharing server in broadcast domain.
b. SMB (TCP/IP) shared folder of Microsoft® Windows 98/ME/NT4/2K/XP.
c. Samba 2.0 / 3.0 environments (i.e., Linux and Macintosh® OS X)
Note: Version A7 firmware or higher is required and SMB signature is not supported.
2. Non-supported environment:
a. Network beyond router.
b. SMB other than TCP/IP (NetBEUI™/IPX™ are not supported).
c. Direct Hosting SMB (mounted SMB on Microsoft® Windows 2000 or later).
d. User Level sharing of Microsoft® Windows 98.
e. CIFS mounting of non-Windows OS (i.e., CIFS sharing on Novell® Netware®)

And, from the Fiery info

Subject:
Unable to Scan-to-SMB to a Windows Vista client through the Fiery IC-402/406.
Description:
Solution:

CAUSE: The IC-402/406 system code does not support Scan-to-SMB to Windows Vista.

SOLUTION: A patch is available for the IC402/406 that provides Scan-to-SMB functionality to a Windows Vista client PC.
IC-402: Patch 1-14MGRL
IC-406: Patch 1-14MGQC
There are two prerequisite patches that must be installed before installing the patches mentioned above.
Prereqisit Patches: 1-QVQMK, and PRODID.

Emujo

I'm thinking that Win 7 and Vista are similar enough that this could help

kronical
02-15-2012, 06:34 PM
From KM website

What environments are supported for PC (SMB) scanning?
Solution:
The following environments are supported/not supported for PC (SMB) scanning:
1. Supported environment:
a. Connection to file sharing server in broadcast domain.
b. SMB (TCP/IP) shared folder of Microsoft® Windows 98/ME/NT4/2K/XP.
c. Samba 2.0 / 3.0 environments (i.e., Linux and Macintosh® OS X)
Note: Version A7 firmware or higher is required and SMB signature is not supported.
2. Non-supported environment:
a. Network beyond router.
b. SMB other than TCP/IP (NetBEUI™/IPX™ are not supported).
c. Direct Hosting SMB (mounted SMB on Microsoft® Windows 2000 or later).
d. User Level sharing of Microsoft® Windows 98.
e. CIFS mounting of non-Windows OS (i.e., CIFS sharing on Novell® Netware®)

And, from the Fiery info

Subject:
Description:
Solution:

CAUSE: The IC-402/406 system code does not support Scan-to-SMB to Windows Vista.

SOLUTION: A patch is available for the IC402/406 that provides Scan-to-SMB functionality to a Windows Vista client PC.
IC-402: Patch 1-14MGRL
There are two prerequisite patches that must be installed before installing the patches mentioned above.

Emujo

I'm thinking that Win 7 and Vista are similar enough that this could help

Emujo, you are the man! I will track down these patches and get them applied. I will follow up with the results.

TheOwl
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM
You also might want to add the computer name in front of the username:

computername\username

This has pulled me up quite a few times with Fierys.

kronical
02-16-2012, 01:01 AM
You also might want to add the computer name in front of the username:

computername\username

This has pulled me up quite a few times with Fierys.

I could see this in an active directory situation, but I will give it a try as well.

kronical
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Ok I had to track down v1.01 first to be able to apply the patches. Once installed everything was working good. For 1 week.
It was advised to me that adding the machines IP to the trusted sites list will resolve thos issue but I havent had the chance to test this. I will post results.

zalim
06-13-2014, 07:10 PM
where can i find these patches? i ve been looking for these for a while now but without any help. I think they used to be on KM website but they arent there anymore.
I need scan functions to work with windows 7.

emujo
06-13-2014, 07:44 PM
All of these patches are on KM site

Version PATCH 11/23/2009

11/23/2009 1.13 MB ProdID.exe (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Downloadfile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=15629&productid=910)
Release Notes: Product ID Patch
This patch is a Product Identifier (ID) patch, designed to add a unique identifier into the Fiery system. Once
the Product ID patch is successfully installed, the Fiery System will be compatible with future “Smart”
patches.
After installation, the Product ID patch will appear on the Fiery Configuration sheet in the ‘Installed updates’
section or on the System Updates Log. The name will be displayed simply as ‘ProdID’.
This Product ID patch will serve as a prerequisite to all future smart patches. If the Product ID patch is not
installed, all subsequent Smart patches will not install.

IP-901 ver.1.1/ver.2.0
IC-302 ver.2.1
IC-303 ver.2.0/ver.2.1
IC-305 ver.2.0/ver.2.1
IP-921 ver.1.1
IC-401 ver.2.0
IC-402 ver.2.01
IC-405 ver.2.01
IC-406 ver.1.01
IC-408 ver.2.0
IC-409 ver.1.01
IC-412 ver.1.0

Version 402_2.01_Patch_406_1.01_Patch 2/7/2007-5/27/2008

5/27/2008 93 KB DLBT0801552EN00.pdf (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Downloadfile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=8726&productid=910)
Release Notes: IC-402 Version 2.01, IC-406 Version 1.01 Patch 1-X7X2D README file

5/27/2008 1.33 MB ic402v201_ic406v101_pt1x7x2d.exe (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Downloadfile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=13127&productid=910)
Release Notes: IC-402 Version 2.01, IC-406 Version 1.01 Patch 1-X7X2D

Caution Must Install Patch 1-QVQMK.ps before patch 1-X7X2D

SEE DLBT0801552EN00.pdf for a list of enhancements

3/11/2008 1.04 MB ic402v201_ic406v101_pt1vnrfn.exe (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Downloadfile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=13125&productid=910)
Release Notes: IC-402 Version 2.01 and IC_406 Version 1.01 Patch 1-VNRFN

CAUTION: Must install patch 1-QVQMK.px before pat

They are under the IC-406 header...Emujo

zalim
06-13-2014, 07:50 PM
i was on the site and i couldnt find any, under IC-406 i only have few options and there isnt any option called patches or something nearly like that.
I am from germany so maybe i am limited to what i can search for...

when i click on your links they arent working as well....

which KM site can i find them on? can you give me the link?

emujo
06-13-2014, 08:34 PM
I just copied the pages for you, these are not links. This is the kmbs US site. (mykonicaminolta.com). If you are trying to get these from the public site, they are not available. Emujo

zalim
06-13-2014, 09:35 PM
I just copied the pages for you, these are not links. This is the kmbs US site. (mykonicaminolta.com). If you are trying to get these from the public site, they are not available. Emujo

then how am i supposed to get those patches? i dont have an account...
cant you upload it to copytechnet?

emujo
06-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Sorry, I don't give out firmware/manuals. Try Paul, he might be able to get them for you. Emujo

MFPTech
06-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Why not using the NIC of the machine for scanning and the Fiery just for printing? Let the fiery do what it does best (printing) and let the machine do what it does best (scanning). Easier for the customer to manage address book, fault tolerance if fiery goes down. Just my 2 cents.

zalim
06-20-2014, 08:52 AM
@ emugo !

who is paul? can you give me his ID?
I think its a but dumb for KM that they dont give the files to end users or techs who dont have KM tech accounts.
Is there a way to buy an account? register with them and buy subscription of some kind?

@MFPtech, i am using remote scanning right now which seems to work like a charm on windows 7 but direct scanning from copier to pc (SMB) is simply not working now matter what i try.

zalim
06-21-2014, 11:52 PM
can anyone tell me who paul is?

Custom Search