PDA

View Full Version : km 2550 adf not feeding

Custom Search

subaro
02-16-2012, 12:14 PM
km 2550 adf not pulling paper. adf feed mechanism stay in the up position and rollers spin but will not lower to pick up paper. a tap on the top of the adf will then get it to feed. i replace one way gear and and clean rollers. any soloutions

blaze2000
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
I've seen the white plastic housing break/ crack around where the spring sits and it will cause problems.

blackcat4866
02-17-2012, 12:53 AM
I've seen the white plastic housing break/ crack around where the spring sits and it will cause problems.

... or the end of the wrap spring can break off. Same affect. It's a low tech torque limiter, of a sort. =^..^=

habik
02-17-2012, 08:47 PM
... or the end of the wrap spring can break off. Same affect. It's a low tech torque limiter, of a sort. =^..^=

Changed loads of separation torque limiters, another fact is the belt can slip, when the belt housing expander gets stuck. Or the one way pulley, but you have changed that I think already. Are ALL the sensors clean, especially the Lift up and paper register sensor!

subaro
02-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Just an update to this problem. I pulled an entire feed assy with shaft and rollers torque limiter and all and tested it on the machine that i pulled it off and intstalled it on the problem machine. It worked fine for the first few feeds from the adf and then the same problem again. I have ordered the spring and boss that the spring sits on. But another guy went to look at the machine and said he fixed it. when he let me know what i will post the result. But i have checked the the way this apparatus work and i can only see the spring got either weak or the boss worn. thanks again for your inputs guys.

blackcat4866
02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
It's not real intuitive how that clutch spring fits into the cover. I got it wrong the first three times. =^..^=

subaro
02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
just an update to the solution of this problem. The other thech that solved the problem explained to me that the bottom of the paper stopper needed a little sanding and also the area [ clear plastic guide under the stoppers] where it sits when it is in the stop position need a little sanding to remove burrs. He said he had no call backs afterwards. from recollection i checked those and looked fine to me. but this is what i was told anyway.

blackcat4866
03-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the follow up. I'm glad it's working. =^..^=

Custom Search