PDA

View Full Version : KM-6030, KM-8030

Custom Search

06-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Anyone got their hands on a new Kyocera KM-6030/8030 yet, what do you think.

07-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Anyone got their hands on a new Kyocera KM-6030/8030 yet, what do you think.

Well since no one else is interested, I will respond to my own post. This machine is almost a year old now and it kicks ass. We had a few issues with the early machines but KMA was quick to send out a fix for the issues we had, since then the machine has been running great. I can't think of any repeat problems that are even worth discussing. We have about 30 of these in the field and they are the best console I have ever seen from Kyocera going all the way back to the Mita days.

Duke
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
This one is not bad, although we turn down charge and increase transfer to eliminate drum and dev problems. Work just fine then.......

kmking
08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I ave 9 of these machines in the field..7 of these havent given me any problems...I have visited 5 of these machines twice in 500k copies..not a bad track record..but wait there's more..wait for the new generation of color machines..they will send everyone running..TRUST me..KYO's will kick..butt...

kyoceradude
08-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Great machines. The only issue we've had are document feeder problems. They have a tendancy to get real dirty when they feed originals from a printer. Lots of black dust causing lines on copies. Also one bad punch unit causing jamming. All in all, the best I have seen in a long time. We have about 20 in the field.

knightfall
09-01-2006, 04:31 AM
these are great machines but doc feeder has a problem, the mylars by the scan roller have a tendency to rip and bend which causes jams though these are small mylars and easy to carry they are a pain to replace. They do run dirty and cause CQ but overall I think they are great copiers, one thing must be done PM everything on the list and replace all filters early if copier is on carpeting in high traffic area, CQ and overheat more evident especially if used like a production unit.

Project Warder
09-20-2006, 02:07 AM
We only had these released recently here in Australia, and we only have 2 6030's on the field. Some of our higher volume users are the schools (they have managed to overuse 2 5530's :O ) and the mine sites we have up here. The 6030's are at one of the schools, and in the month they have had it its already done about 200k. I dont know if thats extreme or not but its more copies in less time and all of our other units out there, and i have a HUGE service area (it goes as far as around 1,000km away from where i am now). We havent had any issues with the units so far, they keep their machines pretty clean, we gave them some decent training on how to use the machines properly and clear all the basics. Found out they finishers dont come with punch units as standard so we are waiting on those to come in. Will let you guys know if we have any issues with them though.

Tommyc
05-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey Guys,

Have any of you seen "00" jam code on a KM6030. Technician replaced duplex switchback roller and now this jam code is permanently on machine...

Thanks,

Tom.

etsmultan
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
This one is not bad, although we turn down charge and increase transfer to eliminate drum and dev problems. Work just fine then......

Jimbo1
05-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Anybody had a problem with jams in the duplexer area???

blackcat4866
05-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I've got 6 or 8 of them. So far all are underused. The only kind of calls I get are 1d10t errors. Paper guides not set right, can't install toner (could it be any easier?), can't find a paper jam in the DF650, like that. I don't think that I've had a real failure of any sort yet.

Oh, a broken switch flag on setup (FSW3). That's it. Great machines!

=^..^=

lanierboy
05-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Just look out for the fuser driving gearbox and motor in the rear of the machine these go at around a million copies.

apart from that a good machine all round

Jimbo1
05-23-2008, 06:08 PM
So nobody has had any giving these jam codes a lot??

We have had this problem at least two differnt locations, sure would like to hear if anybody else has seen this. Like a timing problem.

:)

Cirrus
05-25-2008, 02:20 AM
The Jam 00 comes up after a jam has been cleared or attempted and the machine restarted. This means it still sees a jam. You need to check the Sim 034? and see which sensor is stuck. It is ususally on of the vertical conveying sensors or the fuser exit sensor. Both of these pop out of place fairly easily and stick.

Duplex jamming has been rare for me but I have seen some. Most are not during duplexing but during switchback. Yesterday I had one where the paper was entering the switchback and the side paper guides were hitting the paper on the side and not letting it pull back up. I just widened the gap on the offending guide and no more problems.

I have had to replace that solenoid in the swithcback and the spring and frame where the solenoid pin rides because of a groove forming and causing the solenoid to stick.

d

kmking
05-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Yep Jam 60 and jam "62" are the commpm jams in the duplex area.Have found the solenoid in the duplex area for the paper conveying section needs a good clean out from time to time.Rust develops in the solenoid and it is slow to react.also make sur the white roller in the duplex section hasnt siezed up,and is spinning freely.If it isnt just strip and clean it.There is a one way gear in the back of the duplex tray(you will have to pull the duplexing tray out of the machine to get to it.Make sure that it is clean and free from grease.Apart from that there is a switch in the switch back section that comes out from time to time.it just before the paper comes into the duplex section.Hope this helps.

banginbishop
05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I've got 3 or 4 of these on my area and i've set them all to 1 million on the pm cycle. The heater roller goes at about 300k but after replacing it it lasts untill the million:D. Main problems i have are operator errors. Right hand side door sensors being pulled off - customer slams the door from the top, not in the middle hence it knocks the sensors out of its position(giving permanent jam), pick off bar(fuser unit) not being shut down properly, transfere section damage (customer) and various other damage to the machines. All in all a fantastic bit of kit and i prefere this to a ricoh 2105 which has a lower service cycle,its faster and a bitch to work on when the toner pipe goes tits up!:mad:

geoff_bell
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
i've recently got a job in a reprographics department with one of these machines (coupled with a DF-650 finisher).

is there anywhere i can find a list of jam codes and what sensors might trip them?

Artsmith
01-26-2009, 11:30 PM
I've been running one of these for over two years now. It's the best b/w machine I've ever had. I put around 40,000 copies a month on it, and I go six months between services -- and it's usually something minor.

I also find that its a pretty intuitive machine; good controls -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to run it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

kingpd@businessprints.net
11-12-2011, 09:42 PM
NEC put their name on these...love them! A lot of off lease deals with good prices are coming around now, with low counts of 1,2,3 or so hundred thousand...awesome!

juan_khu
12-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Hey Guys,

Have any of you seen "00" jam code on a KM6030. Technician replaced duplex switchback roller and now this jam code is permanently on machine...

Thanks,

Tom.

Now I have 00 jam code on my 6030. anyone know how to solve this?
thanks.
juan

blackcat4866
12-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Now I have 00 jam code on my 6030. anyone know how to solve this?
thanks.
juan

A J00 jam condition results when the machine is powered Off/On, and a sensor remains actuated at power On. It could be any sensor. You'll have to check the sensors in simulation U031 to determine which one it is.

Some common ones to be dislodged are FSW2, FSW3, FSW4, and ESW. =^..^=

JustManuals
12-12-2013, 05:27 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search