PDA

View Full Version : Konica 1290re

Custom Search

Darren King
02-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Would anyone be nice enough to tell me what is involved in changing drum and dev on a Konica 1290re, including the procedure for dev calibration. I have not worked on one of these before and believe me I know it is old, but, my customer wants to keep it. So I have to suck it up and fix it.
Thanks in advance
Darren.
PS. I am not going to buy a manual so I don't need a repsonse for anyone wanting to sell one.

emujo
02-17-2012, 01:35 AM
You should be able to figure out how to do this on your own if you have any abilities as a tech...I believe 47/90 is the developer stir..If you put forth a slight bit of effort you will find the 1290RE manual (or at least the service codes) is out there and available for free in a PDF format. If you're a trained KM tech, the manuals are available on line. Emujo

Darren King
02-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the non help emujo. I searched KonMin support site and there is not a manual online. I searched for a free manual and found nothing. All I need is the procedure (the dev calibration). If you don't know it, chastising me isn't really helping. I do appreciate the effort though.

Albonline
02-17-2012, 01:27 PM
47 mode 91,print to clear pm counter . to empty developer flip up the metal guide on the drum carrige insert the drum turning gear/jig turn the unit over and spin the gear/jig. refill the developer and reset counter . to replace drum remove the screws holding the top frame of the drum unit on take out the charge corona and the drum lock and the cleaner blade assy. the drum will lift stright up and out.reverse procedure to reassemble. while you have the cleaner blade out inspect it or better yet replace it.

Darren King
02-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks Albonline. The help is truely appreciated. This is how this forum is supposed to work. Help asked for and help given.
Darren

Coptech
02-19-2012, 07:23 PM
It has been at least ten tears since I even saw one of these but there is a hole through the front drum unit cover that gives access to the front screw that holds the dev unit to the drum unit. There is also a matching screw on the back side of the drum unit. One is longer than the other but I don't recall which or why. There is a connector for the dev sensor I believe. With that connector and the two screws removed, the dev section splits from the drum section. There are thw screws that take off a "drain" plate to dump the old developer. Put the drain plate back on and developer will go in through the shutter mentioned in an earlier post. The front tonert cover will come off with a couple of screws and the top cover of the drum unit comes off with 4 screws I think. The cleaning blade ill lift off, a twist off front drum holder, and the drum will lift out. I think the calibration is 47-51. 47-90 is pm count reset. In all honesty, I think this will not mean anything as I don't think you will find parts, developer, or even toner for this machine anymore.

Custom Search