PDA

View Full Version : magicolor 4650 printer. can't ping or find on network

Custom Search

brent
02-17-2012, 04:43 PM
so should I be able to hook this machine up via the cat 5 connector and type in the ip on my web brouser and find this machine? I have had good luck with it thus far. but lately I just can not ping or find it. I even tried the usb-ab I think it's called. but that wont work either. just looking for a few ideas. of course. this is my personal printer at home. and I brought it in to work to look at it. now the wife is mad. cause she can't print.. that does figure... lol. thanks for any thoughts on this
brent

fixthecopier
02-17-2012, 09:36 PM
What kind of card you using? The 615 is prone to go bad.

brent
02-17-2012, 11:11 PM
just using the standard that came with the machine. is there a nic that is in the machine? probably bad then.
I have had a bunch of nics going bad lately.

brent

Gaffers01
02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
I dont know this particular model,
but possible thing to check is to see if it is set to DHCP (if so machine may have changed its own network Address)
one way to check is to print the configuration page out.

The configuration page will also have the current IP address and subnet mask on (which should be within range of your own computer.

brent
03-01-2012, 05:42 AM
so unbelievably today randomly I just gave it new ip address and now I can see it on the network and can print of it. problem I have now. is that all it prints is in black. do I need to try a different print driver now? I have actually seen some really wierd print names after the print driver (as viewed when I look at into my printer que. one was.. (mono) and a copy1. tonight I had a 32.77 what the heck am I doing? but it does print. so we are back in business. oh. and when I go into the printer preferences and try to hit either mono or full color. I can not switch it to a color print. I appreciate your help here gents..

brent

Hansoon
03-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Most likely you are using a mono-driver at the time. Here are all other available drivers:

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: PagePro 4650EN OR magicolor 4650DN (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productname=4650)

Hans

brent
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I did discover that it is indeed a mono driver. but if I remove the printer try to reinstall the print driver. it will only come up with a mono driver. I had this working before. but I am sure I goofed it up. if I am using the disc with the drivers on it. shouldn't I be able to use additional drivers. and not just the mono one?
sorry so many questions. I appreciate your h elp

brent

Custom Search