PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konika Minolta BizHub 163 - Error Code? M2

Custom Search

Smiley27
02-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Machine gives me this error message, what does it mean ?

Thanks.:confused:

Found out ! Its maintenance, but how do clear this message? Friend of mine mentioned ''dataclear'' but I dont know...

Gaffers01
02-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi,
This is what it says in the manual

• To display the count of the supplies life counter.
When the counter reaches “0”, life 1 will be detected and maintenance call M2 will appear.
The initial value is 40,000, and the countdown system is used.
Use Setting/Procedure
• To clear the count, use [CLEAR DATA] of the Service Mode.

Smiley27
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I am fine with that, but , how to enter service mode ? Someone mentioned turning machine off/on and hold STOP.. Whats up with that?

Hi,
This is what it says in the manual

• To display the count of the supplies life counter.
When the counter reaches “0”, life 1 will be detected and maintenance call M2 will appear.
The initial value is 40,000, and the countdown system is used.
Use Setting/Procedure
• To clear the count, use [CLEAR DATA] of the Service Mode.

Gaffers01
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
press the Utility button,
then Stop → 0 → 0 → Stop → 0 → 1

then scroll to Clear Data, and then Supplies Data and clear.

You must be aware that clearing this counter clears the drum, developer and other counters.

Which are very important for copy quality, and not replacing them may cause more harm than good.

Smiley27
02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Error is cleared. Machine works now, I am suppost to replace drum since it made 40000, but drum is fine...

If I want machine to make another ''?????'' what counters do need to be clear? I already deleted ''Supplies Counter'' , but I am afraid machine will stop again if another counter reaches its limit..

So I got :

MEMORY COUNTER
TOTAL COUNTER
PM COUNTER
MAINTENANCE COUNTER
SUPPLIES COUNTER ( CLEARED )
APPLICATION COUNTER
SCAN COUNTER
MISFED COUNTER
PAPER SIZE COUNTER

Also, should I set IU life stop mode to : continue ( its on STOP now )

Also,give me a clue what exactly ''developer'' is? drum?

minimerlin
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Error is cleared. Machine works now, I am suppost to replace drum since it made 40000, but drum is fine...

If I want machine to make another ''?????'' what counters do need to be clear? I already deleted ''Supplies Counter'' , but I am afraid machine will stop again if another counter reaches its limit..

So I got :

MEMORY COUNTER
TOTAL COUNTER
PM COUNTER
MAINTENANCE COUNTER
SUPPLIES COUNTER ( CLEARED )
APPLICATION COUNTER
SCAN COUNTER
MISFED COUNTER
PAPER SIZE COUNTER

Also,give me a clue what exactly ''developer'' is? drum?Be prepared for an error code very soon! If you do not run atdc setup after you clear the supplies counter ..you will get the error!

EarthKmTech
02-20-2012, 09:20 PM

thats the only thing that should of been changed.

the IU counter shouldn't of been reset without actually changing the parts.

the drum will usually last up-to 60k before it fails but don't count on it.

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
So,how do I run it?''atdc'' and,what that is?

Be prepared for an error code very soon! If you do not run atdc setup after you clear the supplies counter ..you will get the error!

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 07:49 AM
So, I made mistake by deleting supplies data? :S ... Machine actualy started to work after reseting,so I guess machine is set to make 40000 with 1 toner,but it didnt reset after adding new toner,so I did it manualy in service mode...

I am not into konica minolta too much, sooo i may sound stupid..:rolleyes:

thats the only thing that should of been changed.

the IU counter shouldn't of been reset without actually changing the parts.

the drum will usually last up-to 60k before it fails but don't count on it.

mrwho
02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
So, I made mistake by deleting supplies data? :S ... Machine actualy started to work after reseting,so I guess machine is set to make 40000 with 1 toner,but it didnt reset after adding new toner,so I did it manualy in service mode...

I am not into konica minolta too much, sooo i may sound stupid..:rolleyes:

That 40k counter is not for the toner - the "supplies" part is meant for the Drum, Developer, Cleaning Blade, Charge Corona and Filter, all of those inside the Imaging Unit. There's actually no harm on reseting those, as long as you keep some record of when was the last time those were changed. The only one that shouldn't be run without actualy replacing the developer is the ATDC auto adjust - and there are some precautions to be taken when doing it.

Cheers!

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Since no1 told me what ''developer'' is,now i learned, i used vacoom to remove it,and now i am doomed -.-'

That 40k counter is not for the toner - the "supplies" part is meant for the Drum, Developer, Cleaning Blade, Charge Corona and Filter, all of those inside the Imaging Unit. There's actually no harm on reseting those, as long as you keep some record of when was the last time those were changed. The only one that shouldn't be run without actualy replacing the developer is the ATDC auto adjust - and there are some precautions to be taken when doing it.

Cheers!

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
and now it gives me error C0F32 .. damn :S

mrwho
02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Since no1 told me what ''developer'' is,now i learned, i used vacoom to remove it,and now i am doomed -.-'

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

mrwho
02-21-2012, 10:59 AM
and now it gives me error C0F32 .. damn :S

You'll need a new developer. And a Service Manual, so you won't screw things up again.

Or, better yet, call a technician - It would already be cheaper if you did it the first time around.

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I removed developer from vacoom, filled it back, and copier made 3 copies ! :D

and stoped again and gave me same error...drum made 60000,so i guess its time for new unit? :)...

fail

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Where is developer suppost to be? in what comora?... some1 explain me that... :S ... ima canon servicier , not konika ... i tought its rest toner xD..

where is rest toner here actualy?

Hansoon
02-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Good Lord have mercy.........

Hans

Avskrap
02-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Dude, call a tech already. If you keep this up you'll wreck the whole machine, if you haven't already... You're clearly in over your head and dumping used, vac'ed developer in it is just massively wrong on so many levels...

mrwho
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Where is developer suppost to be? in what comora?... some1 explain me that... :S ... ima canon servicier , not konika ... i tought its rest toner xD..

where is rest toner here actualy?

With the developer back on the IU, if you're getting error codes C0F32, the only thing you can try to do is to manually adjust the ATDC Gain - increase it 5 points and try to use the machine. If it errors again, increase it another 5 and try again. Keep doing this until the error disappears. If you reach the maximum value and still the error C0F32 comes up, go back to the initial value and then reduce the value by 5 at a time and keep trying until you find the sweet spot.

Things can't get much worse - unless you decide to clean up the drum with sandpaper, I guess!

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
I wont give up, those 3 copies gave me hope! I am going to try what mrwho said...

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
where exactly is developer suppost to be? under the cleaning blade? or in that comora down?! .. just tell me this...

mrwho
02-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Smiley, I admire you not only for your perseverance but also because you're not only admitting to your mistakes but also keeping up with your good mood in spite everything.

Nevertheless this thread holds me hostage - I can't possibly stop keeping an eye on this, in much the same way I can't stop looking at a car crash unfolding before my eyes.

Good luck! :)

mrwho
02-21-2012, 12:30 PM
where exactly is developer suppost to be? under the cleaning blade? or in that comora down?! .. just tell me this...

In the developer unit, that's the "tank" beneath the drum, with the magnetic roller.

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Im in love,thats why.

Smiley, I admire you not only for your perseverance but also because you're not only admitting to your mistakes but also keeping up with your good mood in spite everything.

Nevertheless this thread holds me hostage - I can't possibly stop keeping an eye on this, in much the same way I can't stop looking at a car crash unfolding before my eyes.

Good luck! :)

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
What do you think, will epson developer work? i found it in new package...gonna try it now

In the developer unit, that's the "tank" beneath the drum, with the magnetic roller.

Hansoon
02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
What do you think, will epson developer work? i found it in new package...gonna try it now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Guy are you a farrier just finished from some horses fitting them new hoof irons??!

Hans

mrwho
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM

At this time, I can only think you're pulling our collective leg. You can't possibly be serious... can you?

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
... Let me tell you something, I live in a small town, work this job for like 1 year, had none to teach me, got no money for service manuals, cos my boss aint paying it, all I can do, is go to this forum and ask for some help...

How you guys started to make fun of me, so Ill drag my self back to my hole.

Thanks and

Sajonara.

P.S. my first konika ! :(

mrwho
02-21-2012, 01:16 PM
... Let me tell you something, I live in a small town, work this job for like 1 year, had none to teach me, got no money for service manuals, cos my boss aint paying it, all I can do, is go to this forum and ask for some help...

How you guys started to make fun of me, so Ill drag my self back to my hole.

Thanks and

Sajonara.

P.S. my first konika ! :(

As for me, I had no intention of offending you, but some of your posts on this thread are akin of going to an automotive forum and asking "I drank an entire bottle of vodka and then pissed on the gas tank and my car won't start, what did I do wrong"?

Maybe it's time for you to show this thread to your boss and tell him "See, THIS is why we need training and service manuals!"

Good luck with all that.

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Now this is inspiring.

As for me, I had no intention of offending you, but some of your posts on this thread are akin of going to an automotive forum and asking "I drank an entire bottle of vodka and then pissed on the gas tank and my car won't start, what did I do wrong"?

Maybe it's time for you to show this thread to your boss and tell him "See, THIS is why we need training and service manuals!"

Good luck with all that.

Smiley27
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Alright, I ordered new developer(that dust), what things should I pay attention when changeing it? ...

I'v put that unit into parts for 15 times,so I kinda know how to separate it and stuff...

could you find me this on ebay or somewhere else where I can buy it,i think i ordered wrong thing.. Lol ...

So I am looking for Konika Minolta bizhub 163 developer ! Come on traders ! Show your self!

Hansoon
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Here is some information how the Image Unit system of that copier works:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BuaXREY1NwcFcwYjhUQw

Hans

Smiley27
02-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Its well explained, but tell me this :

I got new developer,now,I am suppost to clean whole unit, corona, and both chambers, 1 ( big tank underneath drum),and 2 (small tank beside cleaning blade ) ... after that,i put new developer in tank 1??:confused: ... and thats it I suppost...

One more thing,toner and developer actualy mix? but developer is cycleing,and toner is beeing spend, do i get it right ? :)

Here is some information how the Image Unit system of that copier works:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BuaXREY1NwcFcwYjhUQw

Hans

mrwho
02-22-2012, 08:18 AM
First of all, before taking out the old developer, you must expend the toner that still sits between the toner bottle and the IU:

- Take out the toner bottle
- Run ATDC Auto Adjust Twice

I got new developer,now,I am suppost to clean whole unit, corona, and both chambers, 1 ( big tank underneath drum),and 2 (small tank beside cleaning blade )

Yes. You must take out the old developer (if you use a vacuum cleaner, take care not to vacuum the sponge around the developing unit). You should also vacuum beneath the cleaning blade. You could also turn the recycling gears by hand to take out all the remaining waste toner inside the recycling unit tubes. Check for the plastic mylars on both sides of the magnetic roller. If any of those is eaten, then you should get a new IU (It is possible to repair those, but frankly it's a somewhat difficult procedure and I wouldn't recommend it to you).

Take care when cleaning the corona so as not to damage it, and when putting it back, make sure it sits in the right position (it is possible to close the IU with the corona badly placed, causing image defects).

... after that,i put new developer in tank 1??:confused: ... and thats it I suppost...

After that, put in new developer and run ATDC Auto Adjust without the toner bottle in place. Then place the toner bottle, get out of Tec Rep mode and you should be good to go.

One more thing,toner and developer actualy mix? but developer is cycleing,and toner is beeing spend, do i get it right ? :)

Yes. Developer is, basically, finely grinded iron shavings mixed with toner. As you take copies, toner inside the developer will get depleted and so new toner is added from the toner bottle.

I think I didn't miss anything, as I typed this from memory. If I did, other fellow forum members will surely chime in.

Cheers!

Smiley27
02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Machine works fine, with new developer, but, I get line over copy, its caused by concentrateng developer on like ''5 mm'' wide surface on magnetic roller of developer unit,so it probably gives toner line over drum..that metal cleaner which provides same developer amount over magnetic rollers surface seems to be fine..but what bothers me is that plastic that isnt there,it probably got wasted in time,but it doesnt drop any toner,so i dont think its cus of that...any clues?

HELP WANTED:

Any1 with msn willing to help me,its about this case and I need to discus it with some1 experienced..add me to msn and send PM as notification

mortair_27@hotmail.com

thanks.

Custom Search