PDA

View Full Version : aficio 2018 jaming in fusing unit

Custom Search

nfcopiers
02-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Jamming in fusing. But the fusing has the good condition of claw and hot roller. Sowat should i do? Thanks in advance

bryand
02-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Check the finger springs, they get stretched and paper will accordian in the fuser. The ends of the springs should be perfect circles.

These machines are great, if the paper actually makes it out of the tray without jamming (which is rare), it jams in the fuser, if for some unforseen act it makes it through the fuser it will most definatley jam in the 1 bin tray. And if the paper makes it completely out of the machine without jamming ( i've seen this once) the copies will be full of lines (unless the optics were cleaned yesterday). And we wont get into the fax send/recieve reliabilty (just go into fax sp mode and print out the service monitor report)

jonezy999
02-22-2012, 01:53 AM
You need to explain this better. Is the paper hitting an obstruction? Is the paper just left stopped in the fuser?

nfcopiers
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
The paper is rolling at the hot roller but not exiting to exit sensor that cause pPer jamming..

goldencup
02-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Check your paper size on the tray, should be the same on the operation panel if not jamming of paper will also occur. also check the tension spring.

goldencup
02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
also try posting this on the Ricoh forum. There's a lot of Ricoh Tech expert. :D:D:D

jivedancer
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Common problem I have found on this issue the springs in the original machine are too weak and doubling the springs IE fit another spring on top of the other cures the problem this is unofficial mod, but works for me. Some will say that the hot roller fails more often due to wear on the surface teflon, but this can be cheaper than repeated calls for the same issue. This budget MFD usually I find is installed in a location where they also have cheap paper and poor storage conditions, ie portacabins etc where the temperature fluctuates during the night and the paper condition is poor. The paper is then liable to curl after passing through the UFR and LFR.

Custom Search