PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 501 won't print now

Custom Search

blackcat4866
02-22-2012, 01:23 AM
It's a new install. It did print at install, but the web interface was a little flakey. The addressbook would pull up the page, but would not store addressbook entries. The message was "-----TagMissing". I successfully stored addressbook entries from the machine panel. 4 days after installing drivers I get a callback "Won't print".

Sure enough, it won't ping on the network or from a crossover cable and my laptop. The web interface is responsive, and the machine will print counter pages, but the Printer Settings button has vanished from the Utility/Counter button.

Yesterday I installed a OACB (control board). It does ping now but still won't print. Plus I got a little bonus: "License Management Error Occurred." I don't exactly understand the garble in the manual, but I gather that something must be Activated. Reloading firmware did not fix anything. The addressbook is saving properly now.

As you may be able to tell, I'm not very familiar with this machine. Any hints? What does the CF card do? How about the fat capacitor mounted on the little square board to CN2601/CN2602?

The IP address requested by the customer's IT was a little unusual, but worked fine initially. Do you see any problem with it?:
Is this a variation of a Class C address, or something totally different? I'm preparing myself for another brain busting explanation.

Yes teckat, I know you can't respond to that first post. =^..^=

Glaander
02-22-2012, 01:29 PM
in order to get 361,421,501 to print, it must install the ic-207 as print controller, the ic-204 will not work on 501, only works for 420,360, and 500

mo0651
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Re-initialize network settings on 501. Are you getting connection to board. the Lights should be blinking.

Glaander
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Re-initialize network settings on 501. Are you getting connection to board. the Lights should be blinking.

is not the network, he is missing the printer setting tab, which meants ic-207 is not there or not working

source from

http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/portal/web/home/products/office-systems/bw-mfps/bizhub-501

This bizhub® 501 high-volume B&W office printer scanner system looks better
than ever -- in your office, and on your bottom line. It powers your printing,
speeds your output, controls your distribution and more, all with center-office
styling that gives everyone fast access to enhanced productivity. It also brings
you the advanced Konica Minolta Emperon® Print System, superb Simitri®
Polymerized Toner image quality, and all the options you need -- including an
IC-207 Image Controller that powers comprehensive print/scan functionality.

Avskrap
02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Check the IC slot on the OACB - It should be there since I've never seen a 501 without it, but you never know... Easy to find (just to the left of the DIMMs), or you could check the installation manual for it (it's up on CSES, ofcourse). Might be a bad contact or something.
If you've changed the OACB there might be some license codes you need to enter, perhaps for the IC-207. Check the Infohub for the codes and so forth, I've never actually done it on this series... :)

mo0651
02-22-2012, 03:51 PM
There is 2 spots on the board for a chip. make sure it's in the correct one.

Avskrap
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
There is 2 spots on the board for a chip. make sure it's in the correct one.

It's the right one (marked with "IC" for your convenience) IIRC :)

Regarding your subnet question, it's a 23 bit net, 510 hosts at most. Quite normal!

emujo
02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Go into admin mode...turn off TCP/IP..power cycle..turn TCP/IP settings back on..Power cycle..when network settings come back, put MFP back into DHCP then cycle power again. If it pulls an address (assuming a DHCP environment), go into user mode, printer settings, print reports...If you can get to this point, then the IC chip is installed correctly, if not then you may have a bad IC...License error can be caused by sn discrepency. Did you verify/re-enter sn in service mode..? Emujo

blackcat4866
02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Go into admin mode...turn off TCP/IP..power cycle..turn TCP/IP settings back on..Power cycle..when network settings come back, put MFP back into DHCP then cycle power again. If it pulls an address (assuming a DHCP environment), go into user mode, printer settings, print reports...If you can get to this point, then the IC chip is installed correctly, if not then you may have a bad IC...License error can be caused by sn discrepency. Did you verify/re-enter sn in service mode..? Emujo

I did not re-enter serial number in service mode. If I re-install the original OACB will my serial number come back? My suspicion is that when I pulled the capacitor PWB I lost backup memory. and the same thing will happen when I reverse the process.

is not the network, he is missing the printer setting tab, which meants ic-207 is not there or not working

source from

bizhub 501 Office Printer Scanner from Konica Minolta (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/portal/web/home/products/office-systems/bw-mfps/bizhub-501)

This bizhub® 501 high-volume B&W office printer scanner system looks better
than ever -- in your office, and on your bottom line. It powers your printing,
speeds your output, controls your distribution and more, all with center-office
styling that gives everyone fast access to enhanced productivity. It also brings
you the advanced Konica Minolta Emperon® Print System, superb Simitri®
Polymerized Toner image quality, and all the options you need -- including an
IC-207 Image Controller that powers comprehensive print/scan functionality.

There is no ic-207. both sockets are open. That sounds like a really good place to start.

emujo
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM
So it sounds like you swapped OACBs and forgot to swap the print chip, and didn't re-enter the s/n..I think if you address these issues you might have a printer again Emujo

SmellsHot
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Might have to reload your CF card if your still having issues! info is on knowledgebase

blackcat4866
02-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Easy as cake!

Re-installed the original OACB. Message gone.
Installed IC-207. Now it prints.

It's just strange that you can assign an address to the MFP, yet it's not print ready.

Thanks for the help, everyone. =^..^=

TheOwl
02-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Even though some machines aren't print ready, they are sometimes scan ready out of the box.

You can also connect a machine to the network for purposes such as managment of the device so that you know when it is out of toner, has a paper jam and other situations with the use of software such as PageScope Enterprise Suite or Webjet Admin.

When I get presented the chance to connect a machine to the network that isn't utilised as a printer / scanner, I do purely for the added bonus of status notifications or meter readings sent from the machine back to myself.

Custom Search