PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c363 with a c1194

Custom Search

brent
02-22-2012, 02:10 AM
so the book says possible m14 (leading edge stopper motor) malfunction.
does anyone have any experince with a c 1194? I know it is in the fs 527
any thoughts? I have tried to turn off the main power and reset. just goes right back into this code.
thanks

brent

mo0651
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
some of these finishers have the shaft and holder on the shaft on the exit side of finisher. I think there is an update on tech site.

brent
02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I will search the tech bulletins. I have the finisher here at the shop with me now. hope to get this thing going today

brent

brent
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
also. I goofed up. this is the fs 529. the small finisher that fits into the machine. in my original post I stated it was a finisher 527

brent
02-29-2012, 04:39 AM
I thought I would try one last time to pick your brains. I did find some referances to bulletins. but they would not pull up. does anyone have the bulletin they could post on this issue. I am still lost.
thanks
brent

lanierboy
06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Brent, did you ever resolve the issue with you FS-529?? i have one doing the same, any help would be great.

brent
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I did not get it resolved. I ordered the parts and was not able to get the new sensor in or actuator in yet.

I know where they go. but it is a pain.

brent

lanierboy
06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
I did not get it resolved. I ordered the parts and was not able to get the new sensor in or actuator in yet.

I know where they go. but it is a pain.

brent

I am taking it to the workshop on monday where we have a couple of spare ones, I will let you know what i find, working on this finisher is very painfull process

brent
06-22-2012, 04:09 PM
if you see the design of this sensor and actuator the new actuator is longer and actually hits the sensor easier. but the problem is getting the new actuator in its place. it is huge. there is a guy here that said he could do it blindfolded. but he would never return any of my pm /s I wish he could give us a hand

brent

lanierboy
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I have now managed to fix my finisher, I found in the konica manual a reference to C1194 being caused by the SD3 solenoid blowing CP7 on the main board.

Upon checking the CP7 i found it was ok so i decided to check the solenoid assby, I found that the arm from the solenoid had become trapped on the wrong side and so could not move, also i found that the spring as detailed in the attachment had dis-appeared. fitted new spring and test ok.

I think this code can lead you astray from what is really wrong.

blackcat4866
06-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Nice work!

In class, I was elected to install the new style motor assembly and the rest of the updates. We allocated 1 hour and it took closer to two hours to perform. They cram a lot of mechanics into that little finisher. My classmates cordially invited me to do any updates required on their FS-529 finishers.

I've been lucky so far. I haven't gotten any calls yet.
=^..^=

brent
06-28-2012, 04:43 AM
I guess I am kind of confused now. while yes I have not fixed one in my shop. I was told that it was a sensor and an actuator problem. or am I thinking of another problem I had on a copier.. lol

brent

brent
06-28-2012, 04:55 AM
yep I was confused. I had a problem with the small inner finisher as well. which is what this thread was about. I interjected with a comment about the larger finisher.

the small finisher seems to be a huge big pain as well

brent

PeterG
06-29-2012, 02:20 AM
We have forbidden our salesman to sell any more of these. They are "pricks" of things. Unfortunately for me, I have become the local expert for them. I end up doing all faults on them. They are virtually impossible to repair in the field. Fortunately, we have a "roving" spare finisher which we use as an exchange unit.
There are two little white "hangers" that lift up the exit roller. These dislodge & break regularly. Tiny bits of white plastic about the size of your fingernail. $75.00 a pop here in Australia. Absolute bullshit. Then their is the chronic broken lift mechanism. Absolutely everything about these finishers is a pain to replace.
I hate em, with a passion.

EarthKmTech
09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I have an intermittent 1194'ing fs-529 thats been thrashed within an inch of its life with stapled jobs.

the alignment paddles and stopper guides the code talks about dont even move freely anymore. Once the poor quality grease is contaminated with paper dust it turns into glue and binds everything up.

its impossible to fix in the field, and so far after 1 hour of disassembly and a million pieces everywhere I gave up. I think I'm going to toss it in the garbage..

Such a simple problem is a major pain in the ass to rectify.

***edit

I persisted and got the alignment section out, it comes out as an assembly through the front once the tray and guide are removed and everything around it in the way is removed. Even the wiring is a pain in the ass to get out the way. What a nightmare! Its more for my own curiosity, i will never be doing this again.
This is now cleaned, lubed and moving as smooth as silk. This is a second generation fs-529 with all the upgrades including the update intake guide assy, its never given any troubles till now so i will give it another chance.

service@futurform.co.uk
01-14-2013, 04:40 PM
We have an FS529 with this problem also, it is intermittent and only seems to happen on 2 position stapling, 1 position is fine. The machine will run for 5/6 copies then error. Has anyone had a similar issue and did you find a resolution?

We don't seem to be able to find any TiB's relating to this, therefore if anyone has any we'd appreciate it.

Many Thanks

EarthKmTech
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
the alignment section on this finisher (FS-529) is notorious for binding up, as per my last post - since then ive done 4 more - the grease on the alignment paddle shaft and frame is rubbish and turns to glue.

you will need to watch the operation - if you can see the side paddles or back stops struggling to move or obstructing the operation of the stapler, well this is your problem.

there is no way around it other than total disassembly from the top down* to remove the alignment section washing out all of the old grease and relubricating it. I've had great success using plasgard grease as it doesnt seem to dry up and all of the ones ive done so far have returned to trouble free service. If it is a first version finisher, i recommend installing all of the jam modification parts at the same time along with the modified lower intake guide with the plastic step that aligns with the black cube on the intake paper stiffening mylar (instead of installing the small mylar under it on 1st verstion guides)

Its expensive but it wont jam anymore, and the stapler and paddles will work (unless i eventually find a better grease)

***If your a dealer its probably easier to throw it in the bin and buy a new finisher, because the buy price for the parts mentioned above + labor will be more than the finisher is worth. And im pretty sure that's deliberate.

*This should not be done in the field as you need a lot of time and space.

Custom Search