PDA

View Full Version : konica 250 scanning

Custom Search

DOE
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
what purpose is the extra scan button. customer cant scan and I.T. guy says when he hits extra scan button it says this feature needs option unit. CAN YOU SCAN USING THE FAX SCAN BUTTON AND IS THE EXTRA SCAN A OPTIONAL UNIT THAT NEEDS ADDED. CUSTOMER WANTS TO SCAN TO PDF. THANKS FOR ANY ADVISE. we dont have alot of experiance in this end of the copier

Hansoon
02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Which model? KonicaMinolta Bizhub250, BizhubC250?

Hans

kingarthur
02-23-2012, 04:31 PM
you dont need any extra kit to scan to email, it is easy to set up on either model, you use the scan/fax button, not sure what the extra scan button does, as no one actually uses it

emujo
02-23-2012, 05:31 PM
The EXTRA SCAN button is for IP Scanning, similar to internet faxing. Antiquated technology, never seen it in use..The 250 will scan via SMB, FTP, or email in a PDF or TIFF format. What you need is someone to set it up for you. Optional HDD is recommended as it will increase speed and # of pages you can scan. Emujo

Don N.
02-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Optional HDD is recommended as it will increase speed and # of pages you can scan. Emujo

We disable the HDD on every Bizhub 200/250/350 we sell. One less thing to go wrong. Scan to PDF/TIFF by SMB/FTP/Email doesn't suffer. Please enlighten me if I'm missing any extra performance attributable to the HDD. Not saying I'm 100% correct, just haven't seen speed or function limited. COLOR Bizhubs do need HDD for multi-page PDF.

The Extra Scan button will be enabled with Netwok fax/ IP Scan upgrade chip, which we have only had two customers use it for sending fax from pc's. Optional PC Fax/Network Fax software needed, which has no Win 7 support.

Custom Search