PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451 counting black prints as color

Custom Search

pbbsinc
02-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I have a C451 (NEC IT45C4) that increments both counters (and user counters) when either a black or color print or copy is made. Never seen this before, & wondering if any of you have ever seen it or know what causes it.

Cant wait to have to go back & try to figure out how much money I owe the customer from overcharges!

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

emujo
02-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Before you start replacing boards, firmware (Frimwarzs) etc, double check that you havn't got the MFP defaulted to "Full Color" this will force the MFP to use process black for B&W copies and will count as full color copies. Printing defaults could also be defaulted to "Full Color"..We've had customers complain about excessive color usage, but all reports have been attributed to this setting. (I'm not saying the customer wasn't justified in their complaint, as some techs were not aware this could be a problem) I would go into service mode and check the IU life counters...If all 4 are prety close to the same counts, then this is probably the problem..If CMY are low compared to K then something else might be going on. Emujo

Scarekrow
02-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Have you checked what the "billing" settings are in service mode?

mrwho
02-25-2012, 02:12 PM
About the copying, it's odd. About printing, are you printing a black and white job with "color" on the driver settings? If so, a black word document, for example, with gray content will be counted as color because office works in rgb instead of cmyk.

Custom Search