PDA

View Full Version : Konica C253 Always printing A4

Custom Search

Mooseface2r
02-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi, I have a Konica c253 with the latest firmware and print drivers loaded. when you send a print job nomatter what size you select to print on when it reaches the copier it prints A4. I'll give an example.

If you send a job to be printed on A3, thick 1 and from the bypass tray. The copier receives this as A4, thick 1 and from the bypass tray.

I have reloaded the FW. Reloaded print drivers. It does this from all pcs. On all programs

Has anyone got any ideas cos this one has me?

Scarekrow
02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I think with theses machines you must tell the copier what paper size it has on the bypass and then what thickness it is by going into the paper setting on the screen, then match this with the driver. If you want to keep the setting you must go into user settings, current settings to keep as default. If the machine already shows the correct size and weight in the paper paper tray you are printing to then check your aplication paper set up is the same as the driver.

mrwho
02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
From what application are you printing? Some apps like office and acrobat ignore the driver settings and assume their own settings. If using office check the paper settings; if using acrobat reader, uncheck the "select paper source according to paper size (or something like that)" box in the printer dialog.

Mooseface2r
02-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi, it is doing this from all different programs. and even if i set the size, weight and tray on the machine it will still receive the print jobs as A4.

I have tested on a different machine so know it is not normal for it to do it.

kingarthur
02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
i am 99% certain that this is nothing to do with the copier, it's an IT issue, not sure how to explain it, but the user of the PC has to have "permission" to select paper sizes etc, they can selelct, but their command is ignored due to "lack of permission"...hope you understand that....

Mooseface2r
02-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Lack of permissions on the PC or lack of permision on the copier? this is all under an admin user, the user also has permission to install new drivers so why wouldnt they have permission to select A3 paper when they print?

dallas
02-27-2012, 09:51 PM
"Print to file" and analyze the PJL command.

Mooseface2r
02-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi, i can see where it says print to fiel but what is the PJL Command?

Mooseface2r
02-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for thius input guys, i put the machine back to an older version of firmware R5 and it worked fine printing custom sizes from the PS driver. Must be a bug with Version R6.

blaze2000
02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Interesting, thanks for following up, this could prove to be useful for others.

mrwho
02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Interesting, thanks for following up, this could prove to be useful for others.

Ditto.

Custom Search