PDA

View Full Version : C652 17-20 Jam LCT

Custom Search

Mooseface2r
02-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi, when using the large capacity tray I keep getting a 17-20 jam. The paper come about an inch out of the tray and into the machine. From what I can see there is nothing blocking and the sensors working fine in sensor check.

Has anyone had this?

Mooseface2r
04-08-2012, 08:03 PM
if anyones interested this tuened out to be the tourque limiter. you get to it by removeing a plate underneath the tire assembily. cleaned up the shaft and it worked a treat.

blackcat4866
04-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Just for future reference, Konica Minolta products often have problems with the one-way bearings in the feed units. I've solved a lot of feed problems just like this by soaking the one-way bearings in alcohol, then re-lubricating them with a few drops of light oil.

I am not a fan of scouring the shafts with steel wool. Anything that reduces the diameter of the shaft will cause the one-way bearing to slip. Just clean and oil only. If the shaft is worn down or the plating peeling off, sure scour it for the sake of diagnosis, then replace it. It's only a short term fix at best. At worst it does nothing. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
What they need to do is get rid of those stupid 1 way bearings that grip onto the shaft using needle rollers.

How simple would it be to have a 1 way device coupled to the shaft via a pin through the shaft. Shaft ware and slippage would never be a problem again!

Oh wait - that's already been thought of by other manufacturers ...

mo0651
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I wish that KonicaMinolta would Highlight them in red and call them ONE__WAY bearings in the parts manual.... Then I could find the source of most jamming on these copiers quickly and easily!!!:cool:

habik
04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Just for future reference, Konica Minolta products often have problems with the one-way bearings in the feed units. I've solved a lot of feed problems just like this by soaking the one-way bearings in alcohol, then re-lubricating them with a few drops of light oil.

I am not a fan of scouring the shafts with steel wool. Anything that reduces the diameter of the shaft will cause the one-way bearing to slip. Just clean and oil only. If the shaft is worn down or the plating peeling off, sure scour it for the sake of diagnosis, then replace it. It's only a short term fix at best. At worst it does nothing. =^..^=

Agree with you on this occasion. I had quite a few machines doing the same thing feed problems, and tyres had only 10k on a clock and also depending on humidity the clutches are to be cleaned from rustiness.. not always the cause, but when I have it out may as well clean it.

sorry to crash the thread with this but,

Blackcat, would you think the same problem lies with KyoceraMita 6030 or 6080 range in feed units , as they also use a lot of one way bearings and those aren't changed in PM's . Thanks for reply.

blackcat4866
04-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Blackcat, would you think the same problem lies with KyoceraMita 6030 or 6080 range in feed units , as they also use a lot of one way bearings and those aren't changed in PM's . Thanks for reply.

It's not completely off topic. I'll follow along:

I've cleaned and oiled a few, but I honestly think the problem has been elsewhere. The only only time I could be certain it was a one-way bearing problem on a Kyocera product, it was a PF-660 LCT. There are three or four one-way gears/pulleys in there and one of them definitely resolved the jamming problem.

Do your Harrier feed units have the updated copper colored front separation spring with one additional notch of separation pressure? New style feed rollers? They were modified quite a while ago. How about the separation mylar sheets. I've seen those looking ragged and torn. How about the paper empty switch flag? I've had a few of those bent or broken, though I never could pin down why it happens. It's got to be a customer behavior issue, because it's always the same few machines that get broken flags. You know, those feed unit assemblies are not all that expensive. Maybe you can justify changing a few assemblies. What jam codes?

As one-way bearings go, Kyocera seems to have the fewest problems with them. =^..^=

habik
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
It's not completely off topic. I'll follow along:

I've cleaned and oiled a few, but I honestly think the problem has been elsewhere. The only only time I could be certain it was a one-way bearing problem on a Kyocera product, it was a PF-660 LCT. There are three or four one-way gears/pulleys in there and one of them definitely resolved the jamming problem.

Do your Harrier feed units have the updated copper colored front separation spring with one additional notch of separation pressure? New style feed rollers? They were modified quite a while ago. How about the separation mylar sheets. I've seen those looking ragged and torn. How about the paper empty switch flag? I've had a few of those bent or broken, though I never could pin down why it happens. It's got to be a customer behavior issue, because it's always the same few machines that get broken flags. You know, those feed unit assemblies are not all that expensive. Maybe you can justify changing a few assemblies. What jam codes?

As one-way bearings go, Kyocera seems to have the fewest problems with them. =^..^=

Copper springs installed.
Mylars installed only if they were torn or bent.
Those flags are getting bent when 1; Customer overfills the paper trays with paper and it pushes the flag rather horizontally to the back, then hits the maximum and goes up eventually.
2; When the tray is empty and they pull it out fast enough it will just break off on the bottom of the tray where the large protrusion is, it the base just does not have the right angle to ease the move of the flag upwards. I think there was a bulletin on this.

New type feed tyres hmm are they sort of pink or rather nice translucent orange with black inside plastic. As we usually get both and I am not sure which are the NEW ones.

blackcat4866
04-13-2012, 03:46 AM
The new style rollers are translucent-without color, black hub. The old style rollers were pinkish. I never really had any documentable issues with either type.

The copper colored springs do make a difference in evening out the normal wear of the separation roller.
=^..^=

DebraRogers
04-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi, when using the large capacity tray I keep getting a 17-20 jam. The paper come about an inch out of the tray and into the machine. From what I can see there is nothing blocking and the sensors working fine in sensor check.

Has anyone had this?

I'm encountering the same problem. Any help is much appreciated..

mo0651
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Just thought of it, At one time we got a batch of the feed rollers that were loose around the center hub of the roller assembly. The orange was spinning around the black hub. If you have changed your clutches and one ways, check the roller itself.:cool:

Custom Search