PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 250 printing duplex copying no.

Custom Search

Nelo
02-25-2012, 07:47 AM
On the display screen under simplex duplex and under copy section the duplex function does not display and copying duplex can not be made. I changed duplex unit and main board and still the same. Did doc feeder duplex in service mode and it worked so doc feeder is ok. Printed duplex is ok and copying simplex is ok. Is it to do with firmware? or is a function disabled in the admin mode or a dip switche is off.

EarthKmTech
02-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Are you running vendor mode?

Nor
02-25-2012, 10:55 PM
I had a similar problem on biz 350 recently. After checking settings and connections, I did a memory clear. (If you do this make a note any settings, authentication, account track and network settings). I did not have a control board in stock. I ordered a new one, but in the meantime, if you remove the power cord, and replace it the 2 sided shows up on the display. It would work for 1 or 2 jobs then disappear again. I changed the control board and everything is ok.
If you have changed your board, and reinstalled firmware, try a board from a working machine. Good Luck.

Nelo
02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Are you running vendor mode?

No, not on vendor mode.

Nelo
02-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I had a similar problem on biz 350 recently. After checking settings and connections, I did a memory clear. (If you do this make a note any settings, authentication, account track and network settings). I did not have a control board in stock. I ordered a new one, but in the meantime, if you remove the power cord, and replace it the 2 sided shows up on the display. It would work for 1 or 2 jobs then disappear again. I changed the control board and everything is ok.
If you have changed your board, and reinstalled firmware, try a board from a working machine. Good Luck.

Yes, I replaced a board from a working machine but did not do the firmware upgrade, will try that out.

Nelo
03-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Thankyou every one, I was able to rectify the probmlem; The cable conecting the turnover unit had a slight cut, I did test on the cable conectors and the found it open. Replaced the cable with second hand one switched on machine and the duplex function was there. Duplexing is ok now.

Thanks again everyone.

mrwho
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I'd never have guessed a cut on the ADU wires could cause it to print but not copy on duplex.

Glad you worked it out.

Cheers!

Nor
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Well done!
Glad you found the problem. I understand that the short was on the main bundle of cables from the duplex to the board.

KM7155
08-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Dear All, i have reset the "image total clear', then now my machine is without the duplex option, any input?

Custom Search