PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200 250 350 print aborts until network cable unplugged

Custom Search

Don N.
02-27-2012, 07:53 AM
Purge the print cues and plug the network cable back in and they are fine for days, weeks, months. Frequently a google maps print job is at the top of the queue. We get this same call about twice a week but with different customers. Anybody else getting these corrupt print jobs? We installed the right drivers, latest firmware. Some we used the win7 add harware wizard and win update driver. A few have installed the universal. Lately we use the VPS. No common link except google maps. I know a dealer who could make one in shop abort any time with pcl and ps drivers if he just tried to print a google or maybe a yahoo map.
Any suggestions on preventing this? Nothing found on Kon-Min knowledge base.

mrwho
02-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Purge the print cues and plug the network cable back in and they are fine for days, weeks, months. Frequently a google maps print job is at the top of the queue. We get this same call about twice a week but with different customers. Anybody else getting these corrupt print jobs? We installed the right drivers, latest firmware. Some we used the win7 add harware wizard and win update driver. A few have installed the universal. Lately we use the VPS. No common link except google maps. I know a dealer who could make one in shop abort any time with pcl and ps drivers if he just tried to print a google or maybe a yahoo map.
Any suggestions on preventing this? Nothing found on Kon-Min knowledge base.

The only thing that ocurs to me is to increase the ram of one of your machines to see if the problem stops happening. Failing that, I haven't got a clue.

EarthKmTech
02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Apart from the usual dumbass IT people using the wrong driver (c250 for a B250 etc)

There is a bulletin for b250/350 getting abort codes as a result of unwelcome network traffic. The bulletin outlines what needs to be disabled via the copiers web interface to rectify the problem.

I had this problem recently, and disabling the 2 items (which unfortunately, i do not recall) fixed the problem.

Corz
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
The protocols to disable are SNMP & SLP.
I think they can only be disabled through the web page. Log in as Administrator, click on the Network tab and untick SLP & SMNP.
This is specifically related to the Abort code 999A

Don N.
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks PerthKMTech and Corz. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. If you come across the bulletin #, I'd like to see it.

sebastion
02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
we get this all the time as well,a previous post was correct there is a bulliton on this,its always windows 7 that causes the trouble in my experiance and if you have this trouble inevitably there will be a failed print job on one of the customers windows 7 machine and if you clear the que (spelled wrong lol) the restarting will stop...

Don N.
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Sebastion,
We have a realtor that prints maps frequently, one agent often prints them from his ATT/Yahoo email and that seems to never work. 5 of their 6 pc's are still on XP. Have seen the symptom on Vista too.

sebastion
02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Sebastion,
We have a realtor that prints maps frequently, one agent often prints them from his ATT/Yahoo email and that seems to never work. 5 of their 6 pc's are still on XP. Have seen the symptom on Vista too.

I bet there is someone in the office with windows 7 at least thats what i have found 100 percent of the time,next time u have this call check the windows 7 print q

sebastion
02-27-2012, 04:33 PM
The protocols to disable are SNMP & SLP.
I think they can only be disabled through the web page. Log in as Administrator, click on the Network tab and untick SLP & SMNP.
This is specifically related to the Abort code 999A

we have tried this as well although after doing this had some trouble installing drivers etc...although i think it does work..

aleksander
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Try to change the ip address. There is ip conflict on thr network or there is unfinished print job.

Don N.
02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Yesterday one cust with 3 Bizhubs had currupt print job from maps.google.com that locked up the copier, causing aborts. Removed from queue and all is well. I figure they are a good test subject to turn off snmp and slp. Did this after hours as they were closing so couldn't stay and test. Re-booted all 3 Bizhubs and first thing this morning 2 of the 3 status were offline in the morning, one printed ok. Turned snmp back on and they showed back up. Cust runs server 2008. Left slp off to see if/when the next corrupt job comes.

Two hours later, customer 15 miles away has same issue, aborting until network cable is unplugged. Found mail.yahoo doc in queue but that user and another had C200 drivers installed. They say they were printing ok with that driver for two weeks since their I.T. guy installed it. I installed the VPS but didn't touch snmp or slp til I get more grasp of when I can or can't turn it off.
Anybody have the Kon-Min. bulletin/more info?

Corz
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Specifically relating to the Abort 999A codes;
Abort code 0x000999a when connected to the network.
Why: Incorrect SLP and SNMP settings.
Fix: Disable SLP and SNMP via PSWC. (Disable the setting for SLP and then SNMP.)
Depending how you set your print driver up and what other software you are running, you dont always need snmp unless you want feedback to the driver level.
If you disable snmp on the machine, you should disable it in the port configure settings.

Also, like you mentioned; If there are jobs backed up in the print Q, this issue can result. =remove network cable, clear print Q & reconnect.

mitchl
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Specifically relating to the Abort 999A codes;
Abort code 0x000999a when connected to the network.
Why: Incorrect SLP and SNMP settings.
Fix: Disable SLP and SNMP via PSWC. (Disable the setting for SLP and then SNMP.)
Depending how you set your print driver up and what other software you are running, you dont always need snmp unless you want feedback to the driver level.
If you disable snmp on the machine, you should disable it in the port configure settings.

Also, like you mentioned; If there are jobs backed up in the print Q, this issue can result. =remove network cable, clear print Q & reconnect.

That will work along with having an MSC FW version above 80.

Tec1
03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
have you tried using LPR insead of RAW in port config?

Shadow
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
are these clients running a network monitoring software?
that can also give you the same symptoms and cause all sorts of grief.
configure the ports in the driver for RAW and turn off snmp.
is the print driver loaded on their server and shared out?
try loading the print driver on each computer and go at it one at a time to eliminate any duplication.
remember to keep detailed notes as to what you have already done, this will assist you in the future.
take your time when going through each step and be thorough, you don't want to miss anything.
keep in contact with the company's IT guy as much as possible, and ask him a lot of questions.
it may turn out to be something stupid that he/she has done and not realized.
when you find the problem and have a working solution, document it and please report back to let us all know what the out come was.

Tec1
03-08-2012, 10:52 PM
also, try unchecking SNMP in port config.

sorry, forgot to mention that in last post

kon
03-09-2012, 04:10 AM
DHCP is being used when the machine is set to a fixedTCP/IP address.
Set the machine for DHCP so it may acquire a TCP/IP address. Once the machine has a TCP/IP address assigned, it verifies the problem is with the
setting. Reserve a TCP/IP address for the machine and then the machine can be set back to a fixed TCP/IP address.
Note : This occurs when the Ethernet cable is plugged in. The machine works fine when the Ethernet cable is not plugged in.

Don N.
03-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Come on, man. Read! The copier's ip is static at every account we have, and outside of the dhcp pool range. THERE ARE CORRUPT PRINT JOBS IN COMMON WITH THIS PROBLEM AT EACH (DIFFERENT) CLIENT"S OFFICE. Delete the maps.google doc and it's fine.
Sorry for yelling...

kon
03-09-2012, 01:27 PM
You didn't like the last answer you won't like this one. Call support maybe they will care

Motormount
03-30-2012, 10:06 PM
have you tried using LPR insead of RAW in port config?

Try Tec1's advice: change port from RAW to LPR with print queue of PRINT. This is a fix for the NEC IT3640D, similar model to bizhub 350 on Win 7.
Also I have found almost any PDF printed from email attachment (especially sent from a MAC) without opening it first will cause 999a abort code.

Custom Search