PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous B 350 shows "Pull out the selected tray, then load paper"

Custom Search

Eugene74
02-27-2012, 09:26 AM
HI there,

Can anybody help me with this problem. I've got a machine in the field, with only 50K copies on. Suddenly the machine give a message, out of both paper cassettes "Pull out the selected tray, then load paper" when you make copies, run test mode from tech rep, and even when you press test button on Printer control board at the back. I have replaced:

Paper trays
Paper feed units
Paper lift-up section (Whole unit at the back of tray)
Power supply
PWB A (Printer Board)
Firmware

Could any body assist me in this regard, I would appreciate it.

Many Thanks
Eugene

SmellsHot
02-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Does this usually happen after a few sheets have ran thru? I would start with the registration clutch and if that doesnt fix it u have to replace the clutch that is located behind trays 1&2. U have to remove both trays and feed assys. Then that assy can come out. It has a belt and some gears on it. About 6 screws and clutch connector(can be a pain, unplug it by going thru the side door and not from bypass area!
Hope this helps

aleksander
02-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Check the gear drive in drive section.

digicor
02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
im my experience clutch problems just give you jam errors from not passing the paper down the line.
I think you might check the sensor's where they connect to the main board, there might be a fuse out that controls these,Im not sure which one, but there are several and they look like little black mini eprom chips.
just a thought

907tec
02-28-2012, 08:28 PM
I had a similar issue: the machine would get 4-5 pages into a print job, then pop up with the same message. All the sensors looked good in I/O checks, and the trays/feed assemblies appeared to be in good shape. Tried the old trick of padding the rear side of the paper tray to push the drop-down assembly further...nothing. The problem continued even after rebuilding the paper feed unit, cleaning the clutches and buffing up the shafts. I ended up installing a new feed assembly, rather than waste time on further diagnosis. Unfortunately I ended up taking the shotgun approach, but replacing the feed assembly seems to have done the trick.

fixthecopier
02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Did you replace the size detect unit for either of the trays?

Don N.
02-28-2012, 11:57 PM
OK Here's the fix. One beer owed if it works, o.k.?
Replace the photosensor in the verticle transport section that is visible when you open the door above the bypass.1463814639

Eugene74
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the info. Just a bit of feedback regarding the problem. I eventually got it sorted. Don unfortunaly the senson wasn't the problem, but we'll make a plan to have that beer another time.

We've replaced the whole registration section in the right hand door, and it fixed it. It would appear to me that it was detecting the wrong size paper at registration and didn't correspont to the tray size.

Thanks again for all the input.

Kind Regards
Eugene

digicor
03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
this is good info to know

Don N.
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I would start with the registration clutch
Sorry, but I ran through this post so fast that I thought you had already done what smellshot said. This is the first thing the Kon-Min knowledgebase says to do. When that didn't work for me once, I remembered another tech had same experience. It usually is the reg. clutch, but we each have one instance of the vert. sensor doing same "replace paper" symptom.
BTW, you can get CRC electronics cleaner from Ace Hardware and spray the clutch out. Seems to work great for two guys I got that from. One has done it for years on Sharps and one on these KM's. I sprayed one yesterday for jamming at reg. clutch and ran over 100 ok. We'll see. Glad I've saved the 5 or so clutches we've replaced in past year. Gonna flush them out and recycle them.

Hansoon
03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I blow those clutches first out with compressed air and than flush them with brake cleaner. Worked always until now for me.

Hans

Custom Search