PDA

View Full Version : Error C-2255 on C550 after replacing color IU's

Custom Search

KMTechMan
02-27-2012, 09:36 PM
As soon as a new color IU is added, it pops the code. Code says that the dev motor is not turning. Putting the old IU back into the machine clears the error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

dallas
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM

EarthKmTech
02-27-2012, 11:47 PM
The developer in one of the ius has settled possibly from incorrect storage or being on the shelf a long time.

I overcome this issue by tapping the dev side of the iu gently with a small hammer while manually turning the developer auger coupling. Forcing the coupling to turn will break it, so be careful.

Some customers shake the iu So viggerously that the developer ends up all over them and the floor. While good for a chuckle its a waste of an iu. So again be careful and hold the opening trap door closed and do not turn the iu upside down etc...

fixthecopier
02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I have grabbed the part that will interlock with the machine for drive and manually turn it a little in the direction it is supposed to turn.

EarthKmTech
02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Funnily enough I was at a machine yesterday that had a 2255 error, and the customer opend and closed the front door about 25 times as they were too impatient to wait for a technician.

the white coupling ended up rounding out on the end of the imaging unit (no big deal, take another one off the old iu)

the problem was that the machine ended up trying to add toner to the iu constantly and packed it full and solid, there was no saving this imaging unit. once drive was restored and i removed the toner blocking the toner input section, the tcr level was 12.8% and the machine refused to come to a ready state to let me print off some 100% coverage pages to bring it down. Predictably kept coming up with tcr error when reset which come back every time. (c452) Ended up throwing it in the bin, putting the old one back in and ordering another one..

Is there any way of forcing the machine to a ready state with abnormally high tcr level ? The machine does a stabilization every time the code is reset and then throws the code again. No one that i know, knows of a way around this odd occurance other than to replace the IU.

Custom Search