PDA

View Full Version : C451..Replace all toner cartridges is displayed.

Custom Search

minimerlin
02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Have been asked by my manager to post this. Neither of us has been to this machine as it is looked after by a local tech on an island! The machine has had firmware updated, new PRCB, and all KM Bulletins followed and still no fix. I have searched the forum and have a few ideas to pass on tomorrow as possible fixes, in the mean time has anybody had problems with this lately? My gut tells me that something has been missed..like level sensors in hopper! Machine has done 166k from new and I am told that this fault has been showing from new!:confused:

Thanks for your time.

smokeetr
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Have a seen a similar problem with a c252 after following all bulletins and solutions found that we had a bad image unit causing it to point at the toner.

mitchl
02-29-2012, 05:21 PM
I findit hard to believe that all 4 were bad from the get go............

Subject:
Shortly after installing new toner, the machine indicates that toner is depleted and to replace the toner cartridge.
Description:
Shortly after installing new toner, the machine indicates that toner is depleted and to replace the toner cartridge.
Solution:
CAUSE: The Toner Empty sensor in the hopper has failed.

SOLUTION: Replace Toner Empty sensor/Y,M,C,K for bizhub C450/C550/C650 (p/n 40AA 8803 1). Replace the Toner Empty sensor/K (p/n 40AA 8803 1) and Toner Empty sensor/Y,M,C which is a magnetic reed switch (p/n 9334 2710 11) for bizhub C452/C552/C552DS/C652/C652DS

Here's a few more ideas, but for a quick fix install the latest firmware which allows IU, fuser, t-belt and toner warnings to be shut off completely (wooo hooo best FW EVER) II believe that switch 51 bit 3 is the one you want, change it to a 1 fix it and see what happens.......... If not here's a bunch more shit to try.
Subject:
"Install toner cartridge" message for any color after replacing toner with new cartridge. Toner cartridge is full and indicator shows full.
Description:
"Install toner cartridge" message for any color after replacing toner with new cartridge.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Toner grounding clip in front of toner cartridge is out of position. It reads the toner cartridge life control chip on the toner cartridge.
Reposition the grounding clip so that it makes good contact with the toner cartridge life control chip.
Note: Check all toner cartridge grounding clips, as the wrong unit may be indicated on the panel.

2. CN29 on PWB-MC (upper right hand corner of board) has been dislodged or is partially connected. (bizhub C451/C550/C650 only)
Reseat CN29 on PWB-MC.
Note: Please see the attached photo for location reference.

3. The firmware is corrupt.
Flash or reflash the firmware to latest version which is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.

4. Connector CN57 in harness to PRCB has been dislodged or is partially connected causing machine not to read Toner cartridge EEP-ROMs. (bizhub C451/C550/C650 only)
Reseat connector CN57 in harness to PRCB.

5. The PRCB has failed.
Note: For the bizhub C452/C552/C552DS/C652/C652DS/552/652 toner cartridge may have been rotated slightly in the process of inserting it, or cartridge was inserted roughly misaligning

the machine contact with the cartridge
the formed-wire electrical terminals that contact the toner cartridge
Replace the PRCB (p/n A00J H001 06 for bizhub C451/C550/C650, p/n A0P0 H001 02 for bizhub C452/C552/C552DS/C652/C652DS, or p/n A2WU H001 01 for bizhub 552/652).

Have fun!

smokeetr
02-29-2012, 06:35 PM
I did not say all were bad said a image unit could cause problem. I'd the image unit is defective it is usually defective from the get go.

mitchl
02-29-2012, 07:50 PM
I did not say all were bad said a image unit could cause problem. I'd the image unit is defective it is usually defective from the get go.
I was referring to the empty sensors, I guess I should have put that comment after the copy/paste and not before it. One thing I was thinking about is any possible difference's between USA and Euro firmware or possibly the location setting in system 1 or 2 being wrong not sure if there are differences or not............ Install the latest FW and shut off the toner warnings will fix it for the meantime. But when you get it figured out please post what you found for future reference.

minimerlin
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts! Most of the ideas have already been done, but I have no idea if the tech has turned on the inhibits for the life indicators. I think we are going for the hopper sensors first. I will publish any findings for a fix!:)

habik
02-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts! Most of the ideas have already been done, but I have no idea if the tech has turned on the inhibits for the life indicators. I think we are going for the hopper sensors first. I will publish any findings for a fix!:)

Hi Minimerlin,

Sorry to crash your thread.

Literally just now I have returned from a customer and have similar issue..just with c2556 Yellow TCR..have swapped them around with C,M,BK and still the same.

Prior to dissasembly machine was able to do Bk copies.

Now I have this: P6 - P7 - P8 and P21 as a start and then c2556... Toner starvation for all colours CMY when I looked physically in IU's no toner, took hoppers out, Toner present in all! OK! Toner cartridges are functional. When twisted gears on hoppers toner falling through freely on all YMCK. Swapped TCR sensors around. Yellow_Magenta and Bk_Cyan..assembled... Fingers X ... i WAS SO HOPING FOR new TCR error code when I swapped sensor and bang NOTHING..machine still in the same C2556. Countless trouble resets been done.

Can not do Manual toner add. I am going there tomorrow with latest FW as my last card, as I haven't had enough time to flash it.

EarthKmTech
02-29-2012, 09:25 PM
sort of unrelated but i had a customer swapping toners on a B652 every 3 days till a light bulb lit up in their head and discovered hang on that cant be right,

the contact pins for the toner cartridge eeprom were bent and some were shorting against the metal pin protector.

after straightening all the pins all of those toner cartridges reported as full again...

habik
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to add this from TO manual:
Toner density control
A. Toner density detection
• The magnetic TCR sensor is mounted on the underside of each of the developing sections.
Each of these TCR sensors detects toner-to-carrier ratio (T/C) of the developer.
The reading is used for determining the amount of toner supplied.
• The target T/C ratio is 7% for both color and K.

I have currently 7% TCR level on Bk and whooping 21% on all colours grrr

I am going to try something...I'll try and re-chip the IU's CMY and see if it start new TCR level sequence the machine can't do manual adjustment to TCR level or I have not found in the manual YET how :) see below note from Theory of Operation:
• When a new imaging unit/Y, M, C or developing unit/K is mounted in the machine, the
TCR sensor is automatically adjusted, and it cannot be adjusted manually.

habik
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Just wanted to add this from TO manual:
Toner density control
A. Toner density detection
• The magnetic TCR sensor is mounted on the underside of each of the developing sections.
Each of these TCR sensors detects toner-to-carrier ratio (T/C) of the developer.
The reading is used for determining the amount of toner supplied.
• The target T/C ratio is 7% for both color and K.

I have currently 7% TCR level on Bk and whooping 21% on all colours grrr

I am going to try something...I'll try and re-chip the IU's CMY and see if it start new TCR level sequence the machine can't do manual adjustment to TCR level or I have not found in the manual YET how :) see below note from Theory of Operation:
• When a new imaging unit/Y, M, C or developing unit/K is mounted in the machine, the
TCR sensor is automatically adjusted, and it cannot be adjusted manually.

New set of IU's CMY sorted my problem.

Custom Search