PDA

View Full Version : print & scan for android os

Custom Search

aleksander
02-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi guys, I need your help. I'm using Tablet PC Samsung Galaxy tab with Android OS 3.2 Honeycomb. And I want to know how to print from my Tablet. Then how to scan from the MFP bizhub 363 and save in my tablet. How to scan to FTP, SMB or WebDAV setup? thank you for any solution.

TheOwl
03-01-2012, 10:24 PM
There is an app on the Market for direct printing to Konica Minotla devices.

I can't remember what it is called, but I will try to find out for you. I don't know about scanning though.

mansart
03-02-2012, 12:01 AM
For scanning to tablets and phones I have been using Dropbox. Set up Dropbox account, download app for handheld. Dropbox will provide and email address for you to email docs to your dropbox account.

nmfaxman
03-02-2012, 12:34 AM
I haven't tried it, but couldn't you just plug in the USB cord into the machine and scan to a file?
USB is USB, that is why it was called Universal Serial Bus.
My droid cell uses a mini SD card that I can plug into my computer with the adapter.
I can plug my phone into my computer and download files to the SD card.
Smartphone and tablet are running the same OS, so I would think the hardware connections should work if the copier is equipped with scan to flash drive option.
I would think that if the copier can scan into a flash drive, it should be able to scan to a phone or tablet
As soon as I get a box in that has the option, I will play with it and report back.
I would discourage customers from having this option installed on the copier.
I could walk in, plug in a flash drive and scan any document laying anywhere, then walk away with classified information.

aleksander
03-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Ok thanks, theowl. I'm waiting for the app.

Don N.
03-05-2012, 04:43 AM
It's called pagescope mobile and the KMBS site says go to the Apple App Store and search for pagescope mobile, so what that says about the droid market I don't know. The installation PDF is here: http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/wcm/connect/db3cacfa-a2ed-4927-90de-c4e3afb6ba90/PageScopeMobileUserGuide.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=db3cacfa-a2ed-4927-90de-c4e3afb6ba90 (http://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/wcm/connect/db3cacfa-a2ed-4927-90de-c4e3afb6ba90/PageScopeMobileUserGuide.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CONVERT_TO=url&CACHEID=db3cacfa-a2ed-4927-90de-c4e3afb6ba90)

aleksander
03-05-2012, 04:49 AM
PS mobile is for apple ipad user, i know it. I need an apps for android user.

TheOwl
03-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Yeah, that was the one I was thinking of, but it is for the iPad and not Android.

Acording to one of our sales guys, PrinterShare or Bluetooth Smart Printing for the Android which isn't KM specific. I haven't tried these myself, so I don't know how good they are.

sanimir
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
On my no name pad i use for print on C500 this soft from android market:
Send to print
Printershare

cayyell
10-22-2013, 08:26 AM
On my no name pad i use for print on C500 this soft from android market:
Send to print
Printershare

hi, if you are using printershare, what driver you selected when you install on ur android? I having trouble looking for it

emujo
10-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Pagescope mobile is available for both apple and android. Check google play, I have it on my nexus and use it to print and scan (WebDAV, and email). Emujo

cayyell
10-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Pagescope mobile is available for both apple and android. Check google play, I have it on my nexus and use it to print and scan (WebDAV, and email). Emujo

noted, but seems like the pagescope don't work for older model. I m having a C352 here, wanted to make use of it with my phone, no luck so far.

emujo
10-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Sorry, C353 series is the oldest color PSM will support, BH 501 for the B&W MFPs. Emujo

jotunn
10-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I haven't tried it, but couldn't you just plug in the USB cord into the machine and scan to a file?
USB is USB, that is why it was called Universal Serial Bus.
My droid cell uses a mini SD card that I can plug into my computer with the adapter.
I can plug my phone into my computer and download files to the SD card.
Smartphone and tablet are running the same OS, so I would think the hardware connections should work if the copier is equipped with scan to flash drive option.
I would think that if the copier can scan into a flash drive, it should be able to scan to a phone or tablet
As soon as I get a box in that has the option, I will play with it and report back.
I would discourage customers from having this option installed on the copier.
I could walk in, plug in a flash drive and scan any document laying anywhere, then walk away with classified information.

That probably won't work - it's not as simple as you think, and USB is not just an USB.
The only way machine can use connected USB device (such as pendrive) is removable storage device mode - copier can't even use more than one partition of pendrive! Moreover, not every pendrive available on the market will work with the copier... and you think USB is USB...

@up
I dont't understand whole-world fascination with smartphones and tablets. It's just a toy/gadget and you wanna use this as a real tool - it's similar to using kid plastic shovel and a bucket as a replacement of bulldozer, sure you can but don't expect that it will be as efficient as a dozer.
If you wanna use PC features, use just a PC, that's for sure will be more efficient and simple after over 30 years of PC evolution than using neither-phone-nor-computer...
That's nice toy, but it needs more than 10 years to grow up... Maybe when we treat all PC's, tablets, smartphones, SmartTV's, and so on as a one device and we feed them with distributed operating system... then maybe, maybe... ;)

cayyell
10-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Sorry, C353 series is the oldest color PSM will support, BH 501 for the B&W MFPs. Emujo

was thinking if there are some alternative way to get it to work.

That probably won't work - it's not as simple as you think, and USB is not just an USB.
The only way machine can use connected USB device (such as pendrive) is removable storage device mode - copier can't even use more than one partition of pendrive! Moreover, not every pendrive available on the market will work with the copier... and you think USB is USB...

@up
I dont't understand whole-world fascination with smartphones and tablets. It's just a toy/gadget and you wanna use this as a real tool - it's similar to using kid plastic shovel and a bucket as a replacement of bulldozer, sure you can but don't expect that it will be as efficient as a dozer.
If you wanna use PC features, use just a PC, that's for sure will be more efficient and simple after over 30 years of PC evolution than using neither-phone-nor-computer...
That's nice toy, but it needs more than 10 years to grow up... Maybe when we treat all PC's, tablets, smartphones, SmartTV's, and so on as a one device and we feed them with distributed operating system... then maybe, maybe... ;)

well u have a point, but sometimes ppl just wanted to print it on the go with the photo they just capture on the phone, or print attachments from the email they just received, is convenience for a better work flow you see...

and i don't think smartphone n tables is just a toy. depending on how u work on it, it can be more then just toy :)

jotunn
10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
well u have a point, but sometimes ppl just wanted to print it on the go with the photo they just capture on the phone, or print attachments from the email they just received, is convenience for a better work flow you see...
and i don't think smartphone n tables is just a toy. depending on how u work on it, it can be more then just toy :)

Oh, you have captured a photo... received an email... even with attachment... you can also send attachments, upload photos to the cloud, download music or videos, browse web... Your device was designed to do such things, but wasn't designed to print - that's a feature needed by 1 user per 100.000, so why implement useless option? You have bought a car and expect you will fly... Sure it can be done, spend a lot of time and money adding wings, chopper etc. it will even fly, but will be as good as a plane? Nope...

Convenience or a better workflow... Sure, I can imagine door-to-door salesman with a tablet and a company with extranet solution where salesman can show an offer to the customer, create an invoice as pdf and send it to customer's e-mail or just throw it to the printer spooler on server, and send as ordinary mail from HQ. That's perfect way to use a tablet - a complete solution designed for this, that can even print. That's the way it should be done, not the other way - "I got a tablet, what can I do with this sh*t...".

Well, if you really want something like this, check e-Series machines and it's features - they can be easily integrated with Google cloud, and extended with LK-110 to scan, OCR and convert your documents to editable OOXML formats (*.docx *.xlsx *.ppsx). Doing the same things with older machines for cheap is almost impossible.

emujo
10-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Jeeze, somebody has got issues with smart phones/tablets. They are in some respects toys, but if your MFP cant connect to one then I'm sure they will buy one from a vendor that does if it's important to the person signing the PO. Emujo

wseyller
10-22-2013, 11:59 PM
The use of smart phones and tablets is becoming increasing popular with office printing and scanning.

I couldnt tell you how many Direct Print Scan Mobile meap apps I've had to install on canon IR advanced machines here lately. In addition were starting to sell Uniflow for SMB to print from mobile with follow me printing workflows.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cayyell
10-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Jeeze, somebody has got issues with smart phones/tablets. They are in some respects toys, but if your MFP cant connect to one then I'm sure they will buy one from a vendor that does if it's important to the person signing the PO. Emujo

I guess in short, someone just telling us not to use the old tech for new purpose. Just ditch the old hag out when they are old and useless eh?

I guess I m out of luck getting it work perfectly

pepper38_cnd
10-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Some excellent points have been made here, Great Thread! As techs we have all been confronted at least once with the customer who has held onto a piece of equipment for way too many years and is now complaining it won't interface with his latest PC just purchased or in this case tablet/smart phone. Technology changes some products can adapt others may not depending on their age and the technology. This can and does happen with all manufactures. Keep in mind 5 years ago an Android was a Robot not an Operating System. As far as tablets/smart phones being toys? That is what a lot of people thought of the home computer when people started buying the Commodore64 for home use, now PC's are probably as common in every home as a TV is.

emujo
10-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I have 4 TV, 3 desktops, 3 tablets, and wife and kids have smart phones. Emujo

pepper38_cnd
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I have 4 TV, 3 desktops, 3 tablets, and wife and kids have smart phones. Emujo

But can you print from all of them?

emujo
10-29-2013, 01:32 PM
I haven't run across the need to print from the TV yet, but yes, my kids use the wireless to print to the printer (not page scope mobile, but similar). Emujo

Custom Search