PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C252 Image units

Custom Search

copyman
03-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Machine was calling for IU's (magenta,cyan,yellow). I had a set of IU's in another machine that only had 2 bars on them. I chipped these and installed into machine. It threw the low toner code C-2553. I manually toned up magenta and it seemed fine level 6+%. Customer called next day and code was back. So I sent them a different magenta IU. Day later C-2555 yellow low toner is on. Any idea how to get around this? Tried toning yellow up several times with TCR in serv mode. Level stays around 3 %. I have usually had good results chipping IU's, especially if they are virgin units with little use.Thanks in advance.

mitchl
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I have seen this before and we sort of scratched our heads as to why but it normally is a case of the toner clogging up and cutting off supply to the IU. Again not sure why it happens but we have surmised that it has something to do with the reset chip and possibly the background info not being reset when you install them and the machine goes into toner swill mode to compensate and backs up the system...... maybe? We have also had this happen and it turned out to be one of the lasers forthat particular IU. I recall there being a bulletin on that you might also want to get in contact with the person who is selling resetters at the top of the forum page, great guy and he may actually have a factual answer for you.

TheOwl
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I have also had these errors before with brand new units and the way to rectify the issue has to hold the IU's as they would go into the machine and then shake the heel out of it so as to level out the dev and toner with in the IU.

With your chips, does the machine then "initialize" the IU's or are your chips just set for low counts?

copyman
03-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the replies. Owl, the chips I use initialize and reset life counters to 0. Like I said I think the problem is from the machine thinking the units are new and resetting the drum correction, etc. This happens when machine has the message on the display to replace IU's. From now on if the message in on display I will only use NEW IU.

Custom Search