PDA

View Full Version : Fiery E-7000 on 5560C

Custom Search

Anders Nilsson
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know why there appears Postscript errors on heavy Indesigndocuments (the entire doc. stall's)when you try to print from Mac OSX but the same doc. can be printed in smaller portions on the same Mac without problems but it works completely(38s) from printbutton on the computer until first paper output when you print it from WinXP PS. It's PPC Mac's if it matters i don't know but it would be nice with some input in this matter

Cipher
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I stopped asking why things don't work like they should a long time ago.
But in your case the Fiery may just need patching to v1.2.0.

Fixes

• When output tray gets full or jam, the E7000 v1.2 server cannot
recover.
• Sending two jobs to E7000 v1.2; with Plockmatic finisher
attached. The second job gets stuck in the Staple tray in the
plockmatic finisher.

Anders Nilsson
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
No it was v1.2.0 and that didn't work either then i changed HDD (because i also hanged a lot) and reinstalled with the only CD i had and that was 1.1.0 and the problem persist's and i'm going bananas :-) so thank's but that was already done.Any new idea would be welcome,i'll check in tomorrow again have a nice evening
A

Cipher
11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Sorry that's as far as my knowledge stretches on Fiery's.
We don't sell many because I don't really rate them.

Don't get me wrong I know they are processing work horses and have many extra features, but they are overkill for most customers requirements imo.

Anders Nilsson
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello DaZ my poor Fiery is in a Mac environment and someone told me as a suggestion "try to lock the network speed" how do you feel about this suggestion,do you think this can cause the amount of postscript errors?
A

Cipher
11-16-2007, 09:02 PM
There has been a couple of RTBs issued in the past for problems that occur under certain network conditions for GW controllers when the network speed is set to 'auto' detect at the switch/router.

It's plausible manually setting the network speed could prevent connectivity dropouts.
But I can't say I've experienced any network problems like that first hand myself.

It sounds like a unknown Fiery software or driver bug.
But it's easy sitting here to say that though... proving it is another thing.
Can you recreate the same issue printing from a different Mac/source?

Anders Nilsson
11-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll try to do so at monday when i patch up the RIP to the appropriate version but personally i'm doughtful about the networkspeed,i believe that there would be other problems also if it was the networkspeed settings.My experience is rather that Efi mounts very good nic's in their RIP's the weirdest thing is that if i download the comlete Indesignfile and process it on the rip the entire file is PS error and you can preview the raw postscriptcode on the preview pages i "Command Workstation" .I have experienced the connectivityproblems with the GW Controller and auto speed detection but at the same location have sometimes been a Fiery RIP with no problems at all so i have to swim in syrup a little bit longer but for now "let's have a nice weekend" i'll let you know how this case end's
good evening.
Anders

Anders Nilsson
11-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi all, this problem wasn't networkspeedrelated but today i downloaded the Win PPD for pagemaker and installed a new printer in MacOSX using this PPD and the result was that suddenly every option in the multifunctionworld was available for Coniguration when you installed the printer and everything was working on a demo unit at office.Tomorrow i'm going to do this sharp at customer's site and hope it works out well.
Seyou tomorrow
Anders

Anders Nilsson
11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Now i tried the Win PPD at customer site and it worked very well now they can do booklet with saddle staple in indesign (heavy document's) without worrying about Postscript errors ,a little higher learningtreshold with options selection and so on but it's a skilled customer.
Case closed
best regard's
Anders

Mess
11-30-2007, 04:35 AM
please read attached bulletin

Mess
11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Binary EPS files might be printed as garbage characters using Mac Adobe illustrator CShttps://tscweb.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/trnsp.gif Binary EPS files might be printed as garbage characters using Mac Adobe illustrator CS.
https://tscweb.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/trnsp.gif Answer [Introduction]
When printing a binary EPS file using Mac Adobe illustrator CS, the following message will appear:

https://global-ricoh.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/G2/G0/G0/000065C2_image_1.png

After clicking the "OK" button, the print job will be sent to the printer. However, the printed page might only contain garbage.

[Answer/Workaround]
1. Submit the job as ASCII data. The application that was used to create the binary EPS file should be used to resave the file as ASCII.

-OR-

2. Change the PDL emulation setting to PS.
Menu-->System-->Printer Lang=PS (The location of this setting might differ depending on the model)

-OR-

3. Turn BitSW#2-3 ON. (Please refer to FAQ#000865 for information about BitSW#2-3.)

[Information]
Basically this symptom happens if a sequence of bits that coincidentally corresponds to the command '<ESC>E' is included in the binary EPS data.
The purpose of an <ESC>E is to cause the PDL emulation to switch to PCL . However, sometimes data such as an image might contain a string of bits that is the same as an <ESC>E. If this happens, the controller thinks that an <ESC>E has been submitted and switches emulators from PS to PCL. All remaining PS data after the <ESC>E is processed as PCL data and printed as garbage characters.
Workaround1: If the data is sent as ASCII, there is no chance of the accidental inclusion of an <ESC>E because there is no ASCII character code for ESC.
Workaround2/3: If the PDL emulator is set to PS or BItSW#2-3 ON, the PDL emulater will not switch to PCL even if an <ESC>E is included in the binary EPS data.

Note: This symptom can affect any application that submits binary jobs.

Anders Nilsson
11-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Only one problem about this Bulletin,the patch was already installed together with all the other available patch'es.However the problem is solved and the solution was the "ppd" in combination with known "speed" problem's in Adobe CS.So when i locked the network speed to GB-ethernet it worked quite nice but thank's anyway it's always comforting to know that there are help to get somewhere.
Best regards
Anders

Anders Nilsson
11-30-2007, 06:50 AM
This i will read carefully and take note's about good info
Thank's

j4m3z
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know why when the paper runs out that this printer would forget where it was and not complete the job after the paper is refilled? It seems very strange that it would forget what it was doing.

Mess
12-12-2007, 01:38 AM
What happens is this: the machine runs out of paper and is not refilled before auto reset happens (approx 90 seconds) this auto reset can be disabled in the user "tools /sytem/timers" menu

j4m3z
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
You sir, are a gawd. Thanks. That did the trick. I'm not a printer tech, just a lowly graphic designer with this new monstrosity of a printer and still trying to figure out the quirks. It replaced an old HP 8550 so there are plenty of bells and whistles to get used to that didn't exist on the HP. Thanks again.

Custom Search