PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7085 Background

Custom Search

Jeffmoi
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Another tech just did the pm 110k ago. now the machine has some background, i checked all the contacts on the charge, dv, drum units.
Apparently there is some trick to enabling grid, charge, bias and sep charges, not matter how i change them, there is no effect.

can anyone tell me how to enable the machine to manually adjust charges?

Seems like a a simple fix (on a 7020) but not on this machine

random
11-16-2007, 06:36 AM
developer has died.

Jeffmoi
11-16-2007, 04:52 PM
What exactly do you mean "died" It's rated for 1 million. What causes that?
I believe a simple grid voltage adjustment would cure my problem, but there isn't one and developer isn't cheap.

Any ideas out there

minimerlin
11-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Are you using genuine toner? I have found the problem that you describe if anything other than KM toner is used.

random
11-17-2007, 09:31 AM
The developer is good for 1,000,000 letter pages at 6% coverage. If your customer has been running a variable data job, or a really low coverage job the dev could have failed due to a lack of toner lubricating it. Alternatively too high density will kill the dev also. Check the pixel count and quiz your customer as to what work they are doing. Dual component machines hate super high and super low coverage.

Juggy
11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Check the contact for the bias to the magnetic roller of the developer unit. Normally it is routed through a pin at the end which is brought to the front of the developer unit through a cable which is in contact with the pin behind the unit. for intermiddent contacts. Then run the cartridge set mode in the process control menu on 36 mode

Custom Search