PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C500 problem

Custom Search

TeraTech Inc
03-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Hello,

So I recently purchased a c500 (well, Ikon CPP500 but same thing), paid the guy who sold it to me to do some repairs on it and of course, he ran away with my money.

So before he ran away, he told me the unit cannot do face down printing because some gear needed changing. I cannot do folding because I need face down printing to do that. Basically if I try to do face down printing, the paper jams just before it is transfered to the finisher (I think it is called the intermediate transfer unit, just before it exits that). Can anyone tell me the part and part number that needs changing in order to fix this? When I got the printer, a gear was taken out of the printer. The gear can turn in one direction, but does not turn the other way. When I looked inside the transfer unit, it has one of these gears. So one is taken out of the printer, one is installed in the printer. Any ideas? You would be saving life.

MCBIG
03-13-2012, 03:39 AM
... Sent you a private message ...

TeraTech Inc
03-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Thank you. You have saved my life. I owe you.

NologyAdvanced
07-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Can you please give me a hand with my printer? I got recently the Bizhub Pro C500, i bough it used, I haven't been able to install it in my computer I don't have any drivers for it and also I have the Fiery but the windows it's locked, is there a way to install the printer directly to the network? or is there a way reset the fiery?

Please help as soon as you have a chance.

thanks,

TeraTech Inc
07-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Can you please give me a hand with my printer? I got recently the Bizhub Pro C500, i bough it used, I haven't been able to install it in my computer I don't have any drivers for it and also I have the Fiery but the windows it's locked, is there a way to install the printer directly to the network? or is there a way reset the fiery?

Please help as soon as you have a chance.

thanks,

Well, first of all, your not supposed to access the fiery directly. It needs to be installed on a network. That means you should NOT be hooking up a monitor to the unit and trying to boot into XP. What you need to do is connect the fiery to the network and turn it on. On the front of the fiery is a little LCD and buttons. You need to navigate to the setup menu and assign it a static IP. After that, you would install the fiery console on any computers in the network that will be printing to the printer. Honestly, the fiery makes a huge difference in print quality so I would reccommend using it. I might be able to grab you the fiery software and drivers, what version of windows are you using?

NologyAdvanced
07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, first of all, your not supposed to access the fiery directly. It needs to be installed on a network. That means you should NOT be hooking up a monitor to the unit and trying to boot into XP. What you need to do is connect the fiery to the network and turn it on. On the front of the fiery is a little LCD and buttons. You need to navigate to the setup menu and assign it a static IP. After that, you would install the fiery console on any computers in the network that will be printing to the printer. Honestly, the fiery makes a huge difference in print quality so I would reccommend using it. I might be able to grab you the fiery software and drivers, what version of windows are you using? I have WinXP Home Edition and my other computer has XP Professional

Custom Search