PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous No account set for group authentication

Custom Search

vcodispoti
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Minolta C450 and Win 7 64 workstation. I keep getting the error message "No account set for group authentication". I have gone to the Confgure tab, acquire settings and entered the IP address. Still no luck. I am not able to print or scan to the server. Any suggestions would be helpful.

emujo
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
IF you have account track AND user authentication on, they must be tied together correctly...Authenticated users must be part of groups...Turn off all types of authentication and try to print (or enable "print w/o authentication). If it works you will have to fix the authentication settings..use the admin manual to help. Normally if you can log into the copier and make copies you have it setup correctly..buty ou must use the same info when authenticating to print, or scan, and you should be able to look at the driver (config tab) and see what is turned on. If you try to "Obtain device info" and it fails, check your IP settings in the driver, SNMP settings, and firewall settings. Emujo

TheOwl
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
When you go to print a job, go into the properties of the printer and in the Basic tab, you will find a button that says Authentication/Account Track.

You must enter in the appropriate information into there as you machine requires Authentication to allow printing.

ineo+6501
03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I've had this before. It was caused by using a print driver which was too old. Make sure you are using the up to date driver.

vcodispoti
03-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Account track is disabled. We are using the Public User option for authentication. Prior to realizing how to enable authentication I was not able to print, receiving a login error. I found where to enable authentication, selected public user and find myself still unable to print but now receiving (no account set for group authentication". All other desktops (XP) are able to print with the public user setting.

I was able to Obain device info with no issues.

We have one touch for scanning, which sends scans directly to the individuals "scans" folder. I am unable to scan to the folder, receving an error "can not connect to network".

vcodispoti
03-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Thank you. I downloaded the latest driver for Win7 from Minolta's website. Still no change. Any other suggetions?

TheOwl
03-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Try stripping the print out completely and re-install the latest driver again. When you select replace driver when trying to install a newer version, Windows doesn't always replace all the files that need to be.

1. Print out a test page from the printer properties.
2. Delete the printer
3. Click on another printer
4. Select Print Server Properties from the top
5. Click on Drivers
6. Click on the driver to be removed
7. Click on Remove
8. Select Remove driver and driver package
9. Click Yes if prompted
10. Click on Delete
11. Ensure that there were no errors removing the driver (if there were, restart the Print Spool Service)
12. Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64 and search for the files written on the test page within all objects of the folder.

From here, you should be able to re-install the driver.

vcodispoti
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I follwed your instructions, no issues in uninstalling the drivers. (thought I was unable to print a test page from that machine). Still receiving the same error message.

ineo+6501
03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
In the "user authentication & account track" page in administrator settings, there is an option to "print without authentication". See if the machine will print with this set to "allow".

vcodispoti
03-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I set this to allow and disabled authentication at the PC and was able to print a test page. It appears authentication was established to prevent people from printing in color as the test page printed in color and no one is supposed to be able to do so.

I set the printer to disallow printing w/out authentication and turned it back on at the PC level and received the same error message again. When I try and scan i still receive a connection error.

TheOwl
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Might need to look at a firmware upgrade then.

Custom Search