PDA

View Full Version : Please insert Imaging Units - BIZHUB C 200

Custom Search

The-Peanut
03-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Please insert Imaging Units - BIZHUB C 200 (Olivetti MF201lite Banded)

I have a problem where as the machine is asking to insert all imaging units and toner cartidges,

The visit was not done by me, but another engineer, the initial callout related to an error code that was pointing to a faulty Magenta PH unit (LSU)

Upon his visit the engineer replaced the PH Unit (m) and once rebuilt and switched on the screen was blue (no writing) with a horizontal white line that changed direction on the right hand side by about 45 degrees down wards.

after swicthing it off/on again the machine gave a clunk and then comes up asking the user to insert all imaging units and toner cartridges.

I payed a visit today, totally stripped machine and checked all wiring looms, connectors and sensors relating to the problem, i then fired the machine back up but with the front cover open, went into service mode and the machine decided to do its motions, i then jumped out of service mode and found the machine was requesting that the waste container be replaced as it thought it was full, which it was not, i removed and refitted it for the machine to then go back to its current problem.

I then popped into service mode, looking at the logs and found that the machine also logged an error code relating to a Yellow PH Unit, so i replaced it, thinking it might be covering that fault somehow

No Change

i then replaced all chips on all 4 imaging units and replaced all 4 toners with brandnew ones

no change

i'm starting to wonder back to the blue display with a white line, wondering what happened

i'm thinking a board fault

anyone else come acrross anything like this?

cheers

blaze2000
03-14-2012, 02:49 AM
With all these problems, I would need to have some error codes... with all covers closed do a cold boot... what happens? Lets start from scratch.

The-Peanut
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
lo m8, from a cold start, as unplugged and plugged back in, the machine starts its bootup but stops as the engine kicks in and asks for all imaging units and toner cartridges to be inserted correctly

opening and closing the front cover afterwoods does nothing, does not even try to recheck itself

The-Peanut
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
i've decided to order the print controller board

the connectors for recognising the waste container, toners and imaging units go to that PCB

i'll update, when i've tried it :S

blaze2000
03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah thats the step i would take as well. make sure they have a real surge suppresor protecting that machine.

Avskrap
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I've had a similar problem, not with this model but a C353, and it was the PRCB. Don't know how it happened, I just removed the black IU to check it and put it back in, when I closed the front cover it told me to insert the right unit... So, similar but not exactly the same. But yeah, PRCB.

The-Peanut
03-15-2012, 01:43 PM
cheers guys, i'll sleep a bit better tonight, the part is due in at some point today, so i'll pop over tomorrow (60miles away) and try it lol

The-Peanut
03-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry about the delay,

Upon my returned visit the machine was switched on, showing an error code relating to the polygon motor on the Magenta PH Unit (LSU)

i opened and shut the front cover and the machine reverted back to requesting that the imaging units and toner cartridges be inserted

i decided to remove the PH unit and replace with another new one and at the same time, fit the new PRCB

switched on the machine and its working fine

I then Ran for the hills to never return lol

Custom Search