PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 Finisher not recognised

Custom Search

Lazuli
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I was called to a Bizhub C450 with labels stuck on the transfer belt. I had to disconnect the finisher to get the transfer belt out, cleaned the labels off and them reconnected everything. Switched on and it prints fine but the finisher is not working. It is plugged in, and when you switch on there is a very quick sound of a motor in the finisher but it does not work. There are no error messages to refer to, it's just dead.

I would be grateful for some pointers.

blaze2000
03-14-2012, 12:02 PM
First thing I would check is to see if the mfp disabled the finisher in service mode, by verifying that it is in an 'UNSET' state. What finisher do you have?

Avskrap
03-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Check the connector in the horizontal transport, where the plug goes in. Poor quality of the fasteners and some glitchy connection can make it unable to get full contact with it. Also, the cables between the machine and finisher is sometimes very badly damaged from twisting and being in between the finisher and machine.

JustManuals
03-14-2012, 10:05 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

MCBIG
03-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Sounds like an issue with the horizontal transport. Check to see if the gears are mating properly at the rear of the finisher between the horizontal transport and the finisher. It can be easy to knock this out of place and everything on the top side still looks in place.

Lazuli
03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
The finisher is FS-507. The motor that momentarily operates at start up is the Punch Motor (M11-FN). The cables and connectors look OK subject to doing a pin to pin continuity test. There is a flashing red LED on the bottom of the Control Board (PWB-A FN). In service mode I can see all the sensors in the sensor check area and they are all at zero and don't change when activated. In the finisher area I can change the settings for punching and stapling so it seems that the finisher is seen by the main unit but there is still no error codes.

The service manual, I got it for free, does not throw any light on this issue so any help will be useful. Thanks in advance.

Mita-Konica-Tech
03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
I've seen this type of problem before; try reinstalling the firmware on your machine... I've seen were a tech forgets to unplug the copier, before disconnecting accessories....!

Lazuli
04-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I thought that the firmware might be a problem but I understand that only KM techs can get the firmware. If you know where to get please let me know.

EarthKmTech
04-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I've seen hundreds of these old boxes over the years, mostly with finishers and I've never to date seen one that didn't know the finisher was installed.

I assume you turned the machine off at the main switch when unplugging the finisher ? (not the control panel sw, as that really does F/all electrically) unplugging the finisher with main power still on can and does have dire consequences on some machines. The finisher will only be detected after a cold boot, turning the machine off and on from the control panel will do stuff all.

the most common issues with these old finishers have been noted already, ie the horizontal transport unit not being plugged in (constant jam state referring to the said unit, as photo interrupters will be assumed to be blocked)
the other issue being the horizontal transport unit not being mounted properly in its poorly designed hook arrangement, this will simply cause jams at horizontal transport if the drive gear isn't meshing.

Lazuli
04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I cannot guarantee that the main unit was turned off at the mains outlet when the finisher was disconnected....so what exactly goes wrong in this situation. The main unit is supplying power, both 24v and 5v to the finisher but there are no indications on the main unit that the finisher is connected. It cannot be selected to do anything. The reset procedure I found in the manual is:

1. Turn main power switch OFF.
2. Turn main power switch ON while pressing the Utility/Counter key.
3. Touch “Trouble Reset” key.
4. Check to make sure that “OK” is displayed and the it has been reset.
5. Turn main power switch OFF and ON again, and make sure that the machine properly
starts.

Is that the reset you suggest?
Thanks

EarthKmTech
04-03-2012, 09:45 PM
uh oh!

yeah that is a trouble reset procedure. what it fails to mention though is that you have to wait a while with utility pressed before trouble reset appears.

give it a try, you got nothing to loose.

I swear ive accidently unplugged finishers on this model while the machine was on and ready with only an error code being generated and all being fixed after turning the machine off at the main switch, plugging the finisher back in and turning it on.

if you open the finisher doors or move it away from the main body does the machine even know about it ? I assume the paper is feeding through it ok ? In what manner is it "dead" ?

there are 2 versions of finisher on this machine, a povo version that only side staples w/optional hole punch (or ultra povo that only corner staples) and the top of the range unit that booklet folds, saddle stitches and side staples w/optional hole punch. The better one is the same finisher used on various brands of machines over the years such as kyocera and canons (that I've seen, maybe more)

Mita-Konica-Tech
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I thought that the firmware might be a problem but I understand that only KM techs can get the firmware. If you know where to get please let me know.

Send me your email address and I will forward the firmware

Custom Search