PDA

View Full Version : C351 and C450 image units needed - part used

Custom Search

Printer People
03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Im getting through loads of Image Units in my print shop, we sell and service the machines and also provide a print service. We run two bizhub C450 back to back plus a C451 and could do with any older or part used or even old stock un used units. UK York so local would be good. let me know if you have any that could be chipped and used in-house by us.

EarthKmTech
03-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Have you considered obtaining a used c6500 ? They shouldnt be too epensive now and will be alot cheaper and more reliable than a tired old office machine being used in a production environment.

Printer People
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Its not a machine ive worked on t be honest, I look after a few c550 and they seam to be great machines. I seem to see lots of C450's that are starting to show there age but people like me and the toner is dirt cheap.
If i was to look fpr a c6500 what sort of things do i need to look out for and how easy is it to do fuser, transfer's and drums etc. What would you concider to be to much meter click wise?

ineo+6501
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi

The C6500 is a whole different kettle of fish to a C450/C550. The C6500 is far more labour intensive and complicated to service.
The drums are complete assemblies, as are the charge coronas. But pretty much everything else that you would easily change as a whole unit on the C450/C550 requires hours of work on the C6500 series. For example, the transfer belt & all associated primary transfer rollers etc are part of a 200k service and need changed within the belt assembly. The fuser doesn't come as a unit either, the belt and rollers need changed periodically. The developer units need the dev changed at 200k aswell.

The C6500 is a cracking bit of kit if it's serviced properly by a good tech. It would be a far better machine in a production environment as PerthKMTECH says, but if you would want look after it yourself, stay well clear.

As for meter click, we have a few of these out at around 4p per colour page. It all depends on your coverage rate though. Printers tend to have very high coverage rates which would push the meter click cost up as they require a lot more toner.

serginho_vl
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
The C6500 is more labour intensive, but you don't pay for the entire unit, you only pay for the part you replace (drum, developer etc.) hence you get a better price per copy.

On the other hand, you can find now replacement parts (non OEM, of course) for the imaging units and fusing units of the C450. I replaced drums, cleaning blades and fusing rollers in these machines and they work ok.

coastal copier
08-07-2013, 02:17 AM
The C6500 is more labour intensive, but you don't pay for the entire unit, you only pay for the part you replace (drum, developer etc.) hence you get a better price per copy.

On the other hand, you can find now replacement parts (non OEM, of course) for the imaging units and fusing units of the C450. I replaced drums, cleaning blades and fusing rollers in these machines and they work ok.

My first time here. Wow! I have been paying out the nose to replace IU'S for quality issues wish i knew i could get parts the dealer im with changes them to so i just assumed!!!

coastal copier
08-07-2013, 02:27 AM
My first time here. Wow! I have been paying out the nose to replace IU'S for quality issues wish i knew i could get parts the dealer im with changes them to so i just assumed!!!

i got c y and m right here beside me . replaced them because i was getting color streakes thru all color copies. What do i do with them?......been throwing them away :(

serginho_vl
08-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Try to open and clean them up. Not very difficult, just a few screws. Clean well the charger grid of the corona. The best compatible drums I used are made by AEG. Change the drum and blade, if necessary. The units will go for another round just fine. If there's not enough developer, add some from another used unit. Also, clean the LPH (print head unit) with a piece of cloth, not with the rod. Have fun!:D

mikeena
08-08-2013, 05:59 AM
yes I would try to go to a 6500 yes more time and effort have to go into them but to be honest a c450 350 253 ect was not buile to handle print shop stuff. I personally would stay away from 550 as the ones I have in my area tend to leak toner in them but I will say this I brought one back in from a customer that I upgraded and it had almost 4 mil prints on it. 6500 is ment to handle larger prints that's why it is print production it does not need the parts replaced as often as the 450 either. image units that are used and people don't want will be hard to find. everyone seems to be re chipping them now unitll they die.

Custom Search