PDA

View Full Version : CQ bizhub 350 skew

Custom Search

acsolutions
03-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Hello,
I just received a BH 350 from my supplier and copies are skewed. Test prints and all drawers ok, skew is just off the glass. used frame to match scanner perfectly straight loosened scanner screw and moved scanner a few mm's looks ok but scanner noticeably skewed. Any suggestion's would be appreciated. Thanks

kingarthur
03-16-2012, 09:50 AM
surely the 1st thing to do is contact the person who supplied it...

HuronMan
03-17-2012, 03:21 PM
If it got shipped without the scanner support bracket the front left side of the scanner unit can get bent down giving an optical skew. Hold down the main body with one hand and bend up the front corner of the scanner unit with the other til the skew is gone.

acsolutions
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
If it got shipped without the scanner support bracket the front left side of the scanner unit can get bent down giving an optical skew. Hold down the main body with one hand and bend up the front corner of the scanner unit with the other til the skew is gone.

Thanks for the response, the scanner on the BH 350 is plastic, no way to bent it unless your talking about the lower mirrors? this is a bw machine not a C series machine. the C 350 has a metal scanner.

HuronMan
03-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Not the scanner unit under the glass but the whole scanner unit frame. I you lean hard enough on the front left corner of the unit it can bend the frame causing an optical skew.

brent
03-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I had the same thing. if all test prints are ok. they are not using the scanner. the problem is in the scanner. and it will be a fun one. there are little silver spring tensionsers that sit behind. I think the 2nd 3rd mirror. kind of hard to see. even more tricky to replace. that is the source (at least it was in my situation) these are the source for a skew.

brent

Custom Search