PDA

View Full Version : Konica trouble

Custom Search

joelio18
11-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I am having trouble with Konica Fiery print controllers. It started with the showroom 8031 and now a 7022 and 8031 out in the field.

They both just drop off the network after the copier goes to sleep. The controller option in windows is not available and the only way to print again is to reboot (which is a 20 minuet ordeal).

They are all doing exactly this. Does anyone know what is happening? Usually the print controller either works or doesn't...

random
11-20-2007, 04:35 AM
The only way I have found to fix this to turn off sleep mode, and extend power save as long as you can. Then get a power timer and get the machine to reboot 1/2 and hour before the business opens.

joelio18
11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry, looking at what I wrote I was unclear. From the copier it's self (the "windows") the printer option goes away.

I can still ping and view the web interface. There seems to be some kind of disconnect happening when the copier goes to sleep that is only reconnected when I reboot the controller.

Does anyone else have this problem:confused:

charlie eglinton
12-23-2007, 06:22 PM
[quote=joelio18;14970]I am having trouble with Konica Fiery print controllers. It started with the showroom 8031 and now a 7022 and 8031 out in the field.

Hi, everyone:
:mad:
I just bought a Konica 8020 color copier.It is a great standalone copier so far. I tried to connect it with a network, PC and Mac. Press the Utility Key (of the copier screen) and Admin with Password. I could not find Network.
I was told it has a EFI Fiery 5.5e V2.0 (X3e) ,HDD 35260 Mb.I can see from the screen that the fiery is idle. Can anyone tell me how I can make the Network appear:) on the screen of the copier so I can continue with the network setup?

random
12-24-2007, 01:29 AM
On the fiery screen hit 'menu' then scroll to run setup, the rip will reboot then select network setup

charlie eglinton
12-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'll try that out when I come back to the printshop after the holidays.:)

kayos
02-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey joelio18

We have some C451s here that we just received and were having the drop off problem with the Fiery after sleep. What we were told was to plug the fiery directly into the wall. It normally plugs into the machine and gets its power from the machine itself but for some reason thatw as causing a problem. So I plugged the Fiery into the wall as well as the printer and haven't had a problems since.
You may want to ask your printer folks about it.

Hope this helps!

Custom Search