PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C 352 Waste Toner Bottle Trouble ! HELP

Custom Search

zalim
03-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Hello Masters,

I have been having some very weird trouble with my machine.
I have never encountered anything like this before.

My Waste Toner Bottle was full so i took it out and bought new one, offcourse it was the original one
i bought it from Konica Minolta. When i put that one in, it simply refuse to recognise the bottle, when i put
my old one in sometimes it says that please insert the waste toner bottle in and close all doors
and sometimes it says it tells me that the bottle cant be recognised, i have changed the bottles like
countless times and i know am not doing anything wrong .

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

oo and by the way, do i have to counter reset Bizhub C 352 after changing the waste toner box?

Zalim

JustManuals
03-22-2012, 08:22 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

KMBSNerd
03-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Shouldn't have to reset anything, but make sure the every thing is CLEAN esp contacts, also check out the pdf link, you may need to change the dust filter/fan if you have one (never seen a fan)

Konica Minolta Confidential

TAUS0808466EN01

Statistics

Last Used in the Contact Center: Never
Times Used in the Contact Center: 0
Views: 72
Related to Escalated Issue: No
Created: 5/15/2009
Modified: 5/15/2009
Priority: None Specified

Products

Products:
bizhub C352P
bizhub C352
Options:
None Specified

Details

Subject:
How to replace the waste toner bottle
Description:
How to replace the waste toner bottle
Solution:
To replace the waste toner bottle, perform the following:

1. Open the front door.
2. Press the waste toner bottle release lever.
3. Pull out the waste toner bottle.
4. Wipe the surface around the waste toner collecting port.
5. Remove packaging from new waste toner bottle.
6. Place the new waste toner bottle in the port.
7. Close the front door.

Refer to the attached PDF for illustrated instructions.
Note: To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Raymond Downs and Marge McLea, Production Customer Support/SSD

Attachments:
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/files/TAD/200901/30105618/C300 C352 waste toner.pdf (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/files/TAD/200901/30105618/C300%20C352%20waste%20toner.pdf)

Applies To

Problem Code 1: Other
Problem Code 2: Z01:Other symptom
Information Type 1: Manual
Information Type 2: None Specified
Document Classification: None Specified
None Specified
Printer Emulation:
None Specified
Application:
None Specified
Network:
None Specified
Feature:
None Specified
Other:
None Specified

zalim
03-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks alot for the quick reply !

i have already tried it:( doesnt seem to work, i have cleaned all the ports and contacts, done exactly like the manual says :( still the same problem...

KMBSNerd
03-22-2012, 09:01 PM
ok let me get this straight, the new waste cartridge wont recognize at all and the old one is flakey? if thats the case it really sounds like bad contacts, if the ones you see are nice and clean(scrub em with a eraser till they shine then follow the leads up depending on the connection something may have gotten pulled loose just up from the contacts, (sometimes a clip, sometimes its just hard mounted contacts. please I don't think your a idiot but did you remove the clear tape that is sometimes on the new cartridges(just asking) and move the covers (blue things over14918Remove the Cover [2] of Waste
Toner Bottle, and set it on the Collecting
port. move it from the right side to the left

If that isn't it I have no clue

Here some other instructions from the same family, seems like you have to remove every part of your finisher before doing it although I know I have gotten away with removing the top section of a dual finisher.

Konica Minolta Confidential

TAUS0802477EN01

Statistics

Last Used in the Contact Center: Never
Times Used in the Contact Center: 0
Views: 189
Related to Escalated Issue: No
Created: 1/16/2009
Modified: 12/23/2009
Priority: None Specified

Products

Products:
bizhub C450
bizhub C252P
bizhub C252
bizhub C250P
bizhub C250
bizhub C351
Options:
None Specified

Details

Subject:
How to change the Waste Toner Box or Waste Toner Dump Box.
Description:
Waste Toner Box; Waste Toner Dump Box.
Solution:
To change the Waste Toner Box or Waste Toner Dump Box:
1. Open the left door Grasp the handle and remove the Waste Toner Box.
2. Remove the Waste Toner Box.
3. Remove the cover on the Waste Toner Box and set it on the connecting port.

Note: If a finishing option is installed, remove it from the main unit before trying to replace the Waste Toner Bottle. Please see attached documentation for more detail. To view the PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Marge McLea, Production Customer Support/SSD

Attachments:
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/files/TAD/200809/11105506/bizhubC450_C351waste_toner.pdf

Applies To

Problem Code 1: Other
Problem Code 2: Z01:Other symptom
Information Type 1: Other
Information Type 2: None Specified
Document Classification: None Specified
None Specified
Printer Emulation:
None Specified
Application:
None Specified
Network:
None Specified
Feature:
None Specified
Other:
None Specified

zalim
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes i have removed the tape as you mentioned.
I will try to clean them up as much as i can and will get back to you :D

thanks alot once again :D

Darren King
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM
KMBSnerd... There are not any "contacts" on a waste toner bottle. Plus, the picture you displayed is from a C350, not a C352.
Zalim... There is a sensor in the back behind the waste toner bottle that detects when bottle is full and present. Maybe try cleaning gently it if possible.
Hope this helps.
Darren

zalim
03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
you mean the round black thingy?
its hard to reach... i will try it to clean it as much as possible.

will inform you guys if am successfulll :D

thanks alot for lightning quick responses :D

MCBIG
03-22-2012, 10:49 PM
^What Darren King said should lead you to the promised land. I ran into a similar problem several months ago. Got to get something back in there and clean those sensors... maybe compressed air.

sebastion
03-23-2012, 09:19 PM
I actually had a defective brand new bottle,wouldnt recognize brought it back to the shop and did the same thing in another machine,threw it away got another new one and it was fine,couldnt figure out why the new bottle wouldnt register.....

zalim
03-29-2012, 08:34 PM
So guys,

I have tried everything in my power :( i changed the bottles not one but many...
i cleaned the senor hell i even changed the sensor but nothing would work, its not even showing me
any codes. Cleaned the

ANY IDEAS anyone:(?

minimerlin
03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
So guys,

I have tried everything in my power :( i changed the bottles not one but many...
i cleaned the senor hell i even changed the sensor but nothing would work, its not even showing me
any codes. Cleaned the

ANY IDEAS anyone:(?If you have got as far as you can then its time to bite the bullet, and call a tech!:confused:

zalim
03-30-2012, 01:10 AM
If you have got as far as you can then its time to bite the bullet, and call a tech!:confused:

thats the thing
i am the tech ;) haha
but i have never encountered a problem like this one
i even called KM but they are clueless as well.

zalim
03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
so my friends i found the problem...

there is a small pipe or tube which is linked to transfer belt, it collects the waste toner and throws it in the waste toner bottle... inside the pipe there is a spiral rod which twists around to move waste toner, that spiral rod is madeo f plastic and is broken, the thing is i have no clue how to change it?

any ideas? as far as i know i have to open the whole lower levels of machine in oder to get to that.
i did some tests, i opened the back side of the machine checked the M11 motor its moving, this motor turns or twists the spiral rod and the motor is moving and working perfectly, the rod is turning from the start but in the middle its maybe broken....

i have no clue how to change it :(

Custom Search