PDA

View Full Version : C-5xxx codes on bizhub C360

Custom Search

blackcat4866
03-24-2012, 04:36 AM
I was a bit perplexed by this seemingly random sequence of codes. The last four codes: C-5501, C-5601, C-5102, C-2152 all occurred on the same copy count. Same sequence and copy count for the previous four codes.

I initially suspected a power problem, and focused my efforts on updating the firmware and relocating the machine to a different AC circuit. Then I ran into a brick wall. There were two different network cables available nearby. After some diagnosis with my laptop found that with continuous ping, my laptop dropped off the network every 10 pings. The second connection seemed to hold solid, but would not ping to the printer and would not print the huge backlog of jobs in the queue. After exhausting my limited collection of network tricks I gave up relocating the MFP.

When I got it back to it's original position and re-connected, the solution dropped right in my lap. Right door open indication, but the door was closed and latched. A little bump to the door made the interlock. This interlock switch has a coil spring that can be stretched a little to actuate the microswitch better. And the queue cleared out right away.

I'm still a little disturbed by my failure to get the MFP to connect on a seemingly good network connection. The laptop connected fine, and the LEDs on the NIC blinked, but the MFP would not ping or show up on a netscan. I have always thought that all network connections are usable for any valid IP address. Is it possible to limit the IP range accessible from a specific switch port, when several IP ranges are used? For example, if the client PCs are all on one range, and the MFPs on another IP range, shouldn't any one be accessible from any one network port? That's what I thought, up until today. =^..^=

RRodgers
03-24-2012, 08:18 AM
I was a bit perplexed by this seemingly random sequence of codes. The last four codes: C-5501, C-5601, C-5102, C-2152 all occurred on the same copy count. Same sequence and copy count for the previous four codes.

I initially suspected a power problem, and focused my efforts on updating the firmware and relocating the machine to a different AC circuit. Then I ran into a brick wall. There were two different network cables available nearby. After some diagnosis with my laptop found that with continuous ping, my laptop dropped off the network every 10 pings. The second connection seemed to hold solid, but would not ping to the printer and would not print the huge backlog of jobs in the queue. After exhausting my limited collection of network tricks I gave up relocating the MFP.

When I got it back to it's original position and re-connected, the solution dropped right in my lap. Right door open indication, but the door was closed and latched. A little bump to the door made the interlock. This interlock switch has a coil spring that can be stretched a little to actuate the microswitch better. And the queue cleared out right away.

I'm still a little disturbed by my failure to get the MFP to connect on a seemingly good network connection. The laptop connected fine, and the LEDs on the NIC blinked, but the MFP would not ping or show up on a netscan. I have always thought that all network connections are usable for any valid IP address. Is it possible to limit the IP range accessible from a specific switch port, when several IP ranges are used? For example, if the client PCs are all on one range, and the MFPs on another IP range, shouldn't any one be accessible from any one network port? That's what I thought, up until today. =^..^=

Depends on the switch i guess. Is it a managed switch? Are you getting your IP from an active directory server or the switch? You can use "angryip" and see what is out there and then pop that IP (the one that you think is giving you your IP ( might be a 2.1 or 1.1)) in to IE and see if it takes you to a routers web page.
HTH
Gl

blackcat4866
03-24-2012, 11:53 AM
... Is it a managed switch? Are you getting your IP from an active directory server or the switch? You can use "angryip" and see what is out there and then pop that IP (the one that you think is giving you your IP ( might be a 2.1 or 1.1)) in to IE and see if it takes you to a routers web page.
HTH
Gl

I don't really know if it's a "managed" switch. I know there is an Active Directory Server, because that's where I direct LDAP for the email address list. Sorry that I don't have specific answers. We're hovering on the limits of my understanding.

I always wondered what the "POP before SMTP" radio button was for. Does this mean that the email information is sent out via Internet Explorer to access the SMTP server? =^..^=

Custom Search