PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 500 & Konica Minolta 7145 consumables

Custom Search

goldencup
03-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi, I would like to ask, if bizhub 500 and konica 7145 have the same drum. Can the toner of Konica 7145 be used in bizhub 500? Also with the developer? Thank you very much.

HuronMan
03-24-2012, 03:01 PM
I was in desperate need of a 7020 style drum a few years ago. No one else near by had one so I grabbed a bh500 drum. All these drums are the exact same size but the newer styles have a collar on the front where the drive pin goes. Having nothing to loose, but the drum, I busted the front collar and drive pin moldings off and, HEY NOW, it worked. Now I mostly carry 500 drums and use them in everything back to 7020s. So to answer specifically, the diameter of the collar is different from the 500 to the 7145. Both have the front drive pin so I just remove the collar itself with pair of needle nose, being careful not to damage the pin slot.
As for the other supplies, I haven' t tried it and probably wouldn't myself. The toner bottles are different and transferring from one to the other, yikes. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

Custom Search