PDA

View Full Version : C360 jamming issue

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Got a c360 driving me nuts at the moment.

Initially i went there for "jamming" i found the jam codes to be 2021 from the LCT, from what i could see the lct was picking up paper and stopping dead at the double feed detection center before the vertical transport roller - which by the way continues to rotate forever after the jam code is reported. It stops about 1 second AFTER the lct jam release door is opened.

I disabled the lct temporarily and now its jamming from tray 1 with 3001 jam codes, when this happens its asif the fusing motor just totally stops as the paper feeding next in line below it overlaps it by half a sheet! It was doing this every 18 sheets without fail every time.

Tray 1 was A4 long edge feed, as soon as i changed it to A4 short edge feed it stopped jamming and now wont do it on long edge feed either.

This machine has had a long history of working for 3 days then returning to the same symptoms with no obvious cause.

My next step is to replace the printer control board as this all sounds very fishy. Any one seen anyhting like this before?

blackcat4866
03-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Wow! That's just too interesting!

Have you tried updating the firmware? How about floating ground at the AC outlet? Maybe a power quality analyzer will catch some oddities in the AC.

It could be a control board problem, but that doesn't explain the way your jamming has evolved. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
03-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Today I changed the printer control board, the firmware has been reloaded and i did it again today with the installation of the new board.

One thing i forgot to mention - this machine has been in place for quite a while with a totally clean service history - the only call ever being to replace the colour dev units previously.

THEN - the machine was put into a lift and moved up one floor.

the jamming issues have started from that day forward.

today i tested more than 500 sheets from the lct - and then the same old 2021 jam code appeared.

tray 1 however did not fault.

I'm starting to think the machine has crushed the LCT frame somewhat and the paper path length is now out of specification. I have heard of this issue happening to dealers, where they have replaced every part inside the lct, including the harness to no avail and the only cure being replacing the entire LCT unit. Not all LCT parts have come in yet so ive left it unplugged for the time being.

Discovered a firmware bug too - if you have a fax kit you get a C-B003 error if the "print lists" tray is set to a tray that's no longer installed - locking it out doesnt cause it, but unplugging it does. Easily fixed that though ;)

If tray 1 starts jamming again the machine is coming into the workshop

blackcat4866
03-29-2012, 01:10 AM
I don't remember the jam code, but I did have a strange jamming condition on the 3000 sheet base.When the tray was full it fed fine. When the paper was consumed down about 2 1/2" the lift plate would start to tip to the right, changing the direction that the paper was fed into the guides.

The way I diagnosed it was to run 1000's of pages until it started to jam. Then I removed the front of the tray and the lift motor drive. I manually drove the paper upward watching the lift plate through the various slots. Once the paper was consumed down 3 1/2" the tray no longer tipped.

At first I thought that I had some inaccurately cut 11" (279mm) paper, but the paper was cut correctly. There just wasn't enough space between the front and rear frames to accommodate 279mm wide paper. So I loosened all the frame screws on the right side of the tray, and spread the frames as far as possible, taking up the clearance in the screw holes. I was able to gain ~1/2 mm additional width. I was aiming for 1 mm, but 1/2 mm was enough space for the paper to lift evenly. =^..^=

Kevin12
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi

I am having the same symptoms but with a B423 with an LCT.

Did you ever find the identifying problem?

EarthKmTech
11-14-2012, 10:03 PM
The problem was crappy paper.

It wasn't separating properly - the sheet behind the one just picked up got all the way upto the double feed detection photosensor in the lct.

In tray 1 it wasnt so obvious, but the second sheet traveled all the way upto the registration section causing the machine to chuck a hissy fit.

I charged the customer for wasting my time after demonstrating 1000+ sheets without fault using domestically manufactured paper. Since the customer changed there's been not a single call out to this machine & i have been monitoring it on csrc - its happily chugging along now.

Kevin12
11-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I was suspecting the paper myself, I found if I fan the paper the machine runs fine until they load a new ream.
I will make them aware of the probelm.

EarthKmTech
11-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I was suspecting the paper myself, I found if I fan the paper the machine runs fine until they load a new ream.
I will make them aware of the probelm.

Thats what this machine was doing.

its shit paper - if it works with the normal paper you recommend, show the customer and charge them every time they book a call if they refuse to change.

Custom Search