PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C754 issue

Custom Search

emujo
03-27-2012, 10:35 PM
OK, this is a new box, it might be an issue with the copier, or it might be I've overlooked something....

Customer wants;
1.Restricted access to walkup copies, no Public User
2.Unrestricted printing (color, or B&W)

I've done this a few times so I'm pretty sure my settings are correct

1. User Authentication "ON (at MFP)"
2. Public User "restrict"
3. Print w/o authentication "color/B&W" (new choice for the C754)

Driver installed on Server 2008 64 bit, shared, obtain device info passes and reflects all installed options, and authentication info. I send a print job, and MFP deletes the job with "login error" I tried turning "verify authentication before printing" checked and unchecked with no difference. If I type the user name/password at the authentication screen , job prints color or B&W.

The only way I could make this work was to uncheck the "AUTO" button in "Obtain Device info", manually change the User Authentication settings to "Disabled" in the config tab of the driver. It seems to me that this defeats the whole purpose of print w/o authentication...and I don't belive this was the same outcome when the C652/650w were set up this way...Shouldn't the driver see "Print authentication" is disabled when doing a device status???? Wanted to get some feedback to see if I have a driver issue, copier issue, or ID10T setup tech issue. TIA Emujo

SmellsHot
03-28-2012, 02:24 AM
If i'm not mistaken, if you print without authentication it sends it over under the "public" user, but seeing as you have the public user pretty much locked out.....that might be your issue there. What if you allow the "public" user to print?

Mr Spock
03-28-2012, 04:31 AM
I have not seen this machine yet. Does it still have account track separate from user authentification? If so I would have turned that on and print without auth.

emujo
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
If i'm not mistaken, if you print without authentication it sends it over under the "public" user, but seeing as you have the public user pretty much locked out.....that might be your issue there. What if you allow the "public" user to print?

You da man....went back and re did all, Public user on this time with only copy restricted..worked like a charm..Thanks..Emujo

Custom Search