PDA

View Full Version : slow printing PDF in bizhub 363/283

Custom Search

aleksander
03-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Hi all, I have problem with bizhub 363/283 when printing pdf files. If I have a file contains 20 page, then the MFP printed out page by page with pause per page at least 10 page. Anyone have solution for this?

Shadow
03-29-2012, 06:16 AM
what print driver are you using?
if you are using the universal print driver, get rid of it and down load the correct one for the client's os.
are you trying to print 1 copy of the 20 page document, or multipal copies of this document?

aleksander
03-29-2012, 07:06 AM
what print driver are you using?
if you are using the universal print driver, get rid of it and down load the correct one for the client's os.
are you trying to print 1 copy of the 20 page document, or multipal copies of this document?

Both PCL and PS driver.
I have 20 page of document. When I print them, it takes at least 2 minutes to start printing and after printing 1 page, the MFP paused for 10 second then print the page 2. Then pause again until 20 page print completed.

Any solution. Thank you for responding.

EarthKmTech
03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Both PCL and PS driver.
I have 20 page of document. When I print them, it takes at least 2 minutes to start printing and after printing 1 page, the MFP paused for 10 second then print the page 2. Then pause again until 20 page print completed.

Any solution. Thank you for responding.

I would expect lesser performance from the PS driver, are you using it or the PCL driver?

aleksander
03-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I would expect lesser performance from the PS driver, are you using it or the PCL driver?

I've already try both PCL & PostScript Driver and still problem with slow and paused printing.

acusso1234
03-29-2012, 08:26 PM
The print driver, through the SNMP protocol, attempts to contact the machine to verify the configuration and status.
If the machine is not responding or if the restrictions of your customer's network does not allow the connection between the machine and PC, you must wait for the time of "Time Out" before you can access the properties of the driver.

To remedy this, simply access the print properties of the driver in the Printers folder and in the section: "Configure > Capture Information", disable the option 'Auto' and enable 'Device connected to printer port'.

EarthKmTech
03-29-2012, 10:17 PM
to isolate the computers/ network, put the pdf onto a usb key and print it straight off the device. (not all pdf files will work)
you can also direct print pdf's from the copiers web interface.

if it prints very slow at the machine too theres nothing you can do about it, the pdf is just too complex. (other than printing the pdf "as image" in the advanced tab in acrobat reader printing preferences)

(the manual says that direct print by default is disabled, so it will have to be enabled in utility mode if you cant try this)

Hansoon
03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Have seen wonders happening these days when in the Postscript settings in the driver "Print as an Image" was activated.

Hans

Darren King
03-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I would try updating your Adobe reader. I have seen older versions slow things down.
Hope this helps.
Darren

mo0651
03-30-2012, 06:04 PM
These machines have not had a problem for us. we are using them to replace the bh222 series for the slow printing pdf. But none are printing slow in those environments. Please let us know what fixes this.

aleksander
03-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Still mistery

pepper38_cnd
03-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Set your machine to "Batch Print" so the entire job spools before it starts printing, that way your customers can still make copies and have faxes print out while the job is spooling. When the job finishes spooling it will print at the rated speed.

TheOwl
04-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Is it just one particular job or is it all jobs?

The first thing I like to do when I come accross a "slow printing" issue is to open up the print queue and send the job through. That way I can watch the job spool up, see if the size of the job is inflated and get a rough indication of network performance by seeing how long it then takes the job to be sent from the computer to the device.

blackcat4866
04-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Set your machine to "Batch Print" so the entire job spools before it starts printing, that way your customers can still make copies and have faxes print out while the job is spooling. When the job finishes spooling it will print at the rated speed.

It's not a fix, but it frees up the machine for other activity. I like it. =^..^=

aleksander
04-03-2012, 04:02 AM
OK it works. If I print the PDF files using Adobe pro or adobe reader, the print out goes normally. Problem Happened when I used Paperport Software for printing the PDF files. There are pause between 2 or 3 pages and slow printing. The point is what kind of software that we used for it. I change my paperport from ver 11 to ver 9 and the MFP printing well without pause.

mo0651
04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Darn Copiers!!!!!:cool:

Trevor Atkins
05-21-2012, 02:59 PM
I've seen some slow printing issues crop up when the network speed on the MFD is fixed at a certain level, rather than set to Auto.
It's strange but true :)

Hansoon
05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Have seen wonders happening these days when in the Postscript settings in the driver "Print as an Image" was activated.

Ok this was a PDF with text. However today I experienced EXACTLY the opposite: A PDF with a drawing took up much more time when printed "As an Image"

:confused:

Hans

TheOwl
05-21-2012, 11:32 PM
The reason it took longer with a picture using "Print as Image" is because there is a lot more Postscript information than text. This information has to be changed from the Postscript code to a Bitmap image which just about all machines should understand natively.

To put this into perspective, it takes about 40 pages of code to put a . in the center of an A4 page. Just imagine how many pages of code it would take to draw a picture in the center of an A4 page.

I only suggest people use the "Print as Image" option when they are having an issue with a Postscript file. The other issue with "Print as Image" depends on your version of Acrobat Reader, but when you turn it on, it stays on and you have to manually turn it back off.

Hansoon
05-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Thanks for that info Owl.

Hans

Custom Search