PDA

View Full Version : Konica c352 account track and authentication.

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi guys, i have set all the settings up in pagescope for my account tracking and authentication but when i go into my driver option it does not show up with the option to set it up. The two options are greyed out. Has anyone seen this before? i have tried a few different drivers to no avail.

Thanks

MCBIG
03-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Authentication/Account Track has to be enabled in the print driver under the configure tab. If you do the "acquire device info" it will not detect that you have Authentication/Account Track enabled. Also, if you have Authentication/Account Track enabled in the driver and then you do "acquire device info" it will disable the Authentication/Account Track option.

Right click on the printer and click on properties. Go to the configure tab. Change the Authentication/Account Track option to "enable."

Should do the trick.

Lasersupplies
03-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, i got this sorted. I have one other question i hope you can help me out with?! is there a way of getting a pop on the screen when i go to print? My reason for asking is that i have a few people in the business, who are a part of multi departments. I have seen this on kyocera devices, the pop up option comes up when print is sent, then you have the option of a drop down menu to choose department.

Does anyone know if this can be achieved with this device? many thanks again

ineo+6501
03-30-2012, 12:43 PM
You need 1 of the newer Konica Minolta machines to have the ability of a "User Authentication" pop-up with the print driver as far as I know. The C203 onwards have it.

Never seen it on the C352, but it's been a while since I updated the print driver on one of these.

MCBIG
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
See the below attachments:

I will send you a private message with more info.

Lasersupplies
04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks to MCBIG i got this sorted, many thanks my friend.

Does anyone know if there is a driver that supports both vista and 7? I wonder why konica only made these pop up drivers for older machines.

If anyone has any knowledge of this please let me know!

Big thanks to everyone on the forum, great place to give and receive support.

calvin.ching
05-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Authentication/Account Track has to be enabled in the print driver under the configure tab. If you do the "acquire device info" it will not detect that you have Authentication/Account Track enabled. Also, if you have Authentication/Account Track enabled in the driver and then you do "acquire device info" it will disable the Authentication/Account Track option.

Right click on the printer and click on properties. Go to the configure tab. Change the Authentication/Account Track option to "enable."

Should do the trick.

Hi MCBIG,

I try to enable it, but the option there is showing gray out as well.

Mr Spock
05-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks to MCBIG i got this sorted, many thanks my friend.

Does anyone know if there is a driver that supports both vista and 7? I wonder why konica only made these pop up drivers for older machines.

If anyone has any knowledge of this please let me know!

Big thanks to everyone on the forum, great place to give and receive support.

Most of the newer machines look on last tab (i forget what it is called) look for popup option and check it.

kronical
05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, i got this sorted. I have one other question i hope you can help me out with?! is there a way of getting a pop on the screen when i go to print? My reason for asking is that i have a few people in the business, who are a part of multi departments. I have seen this on kyocera devices, the pop up option comes up when print is sent, then you have the option of a drop down menu to choose department.

Does anyone know if this can be achieved with this device? many thanks again

In the driver properties, the tab directly after Configure is Settings. On this tab there is a checkbox "Popup authentication dialog when printing" - check it.

I have just confirmed this with the latest driver available from KM for this model.

emujo
05-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Another option is the universal driver...supports both the MFP you have and the OS's you need to set up drivers for..and it behaves similar to the newer KM drivers...Emujo

Custom Search