PDA

View Full Version : Pagescope Update troubles

Custom Search

mrwho
03-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Hello there.

I've updated a copy of pagescope (2.0 at the time) to v2.2, but, since the Account Manager license had expired the maintenance limit, I updated just the Netcare portion of it, since the documentation had nothing indicating that it could be troublesome.

But there's trouble - neither the Account Manager nor the license appear on the software; if I try to reapply the license, it tells me the Account Manager is not installed; if I try to reinstall the Account Manager, it tells me it is already installed; if I try to uninstall Account Manager, it tells me it can't be uninstalled because it has a license applied, which takes me back to point one.

Any hints? I'm really starting to hate this software...

TheOwl
04-02-2012, 03:37 AM
PSES is crap. Even worse is that you have to pay for updates in the form of having to have a current maintenance pack for each module of PSES.

This is the exact reason why we moved to PaperCut MF.

But getting back to your problem, you must update all components so that they match in versions. If you have to, uninstall PSES and then re-install it. You shouldn't lose any data as that should all be kept within the SQL database which is separate of PSES.

Do you have any other modules installed as well? Are they also having issues or did you update them?

I had some funny issues with PSES and modules on v2.2 in that nothing worked correctly until I registered the Maintenance licence keys. Are you planning on adding the maintenance to Account manager? If so, then talk to Konica Minolta as they should have a solution for you problem.

mrwho
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Still couldn't find out what's wrong with this system. If I run a port scan on the machines from the pagescope server, the necessary ports (OpenAPI) show up as open.
There are no defined groups, and the default group has no defined limits.

Any ideas?

mrwho
03-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Still couldn't find out what's wrong with this system. If I run a port scan on the machines from the pagescope server, the necessary ports (OpenAPI) show up as open.
There are no defined groups, and the default group has no defined limits.

Any ideas?

First of all, my apologies - just now, after two weeks after posting the above reply, noticed I used the wrong thread. The problem that started this thread is gone - I managed to apply the licenses.

The problem I'm having now - and I believe I started another thread with it although I can't seem to find it - is that Account Manager is not updating the machines when I decide to raise any given user's allowance (from 1500 copies to 3000, for example).

TheOwl
03-24-2013, 10:13 PM
From memory, when you change a user's allowance, it should just update the SQL Database and not the machines. Everytime a user logs in, the machine should then check with PSES to what the user's allowance is.

It could well be that you are having an issue with the PSES font end talking correctly to the SQL Database.

Custom Search