PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 751 j2101 & j2102 codes

Custom Search

Kidaver
03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
I've had a handful of these codes coming up on a machine. The paper is sticking to the drum it seems and getting pulled up and trying to wrap around drum. We just picked up the Konica Minolta line. All the manual tells me is why it is throwing that jam code and where it is. I figured that out on my own, but it doesn't have any solutions nor did KMBS. So was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue. It's rather intermittent but it happens often enough that it's an issue. Any help would be apprciated thanx.

minimerlin
03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Are the drum sep claws working properly, likewise the sep corona?

Darren King
03-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Remove the drum sep assembly and clean all the moving parts. Toner accumulates and slows eveything down. As minimerlin suggested check the sep corona. Also check the discharge lamp that sits beside the trans/sep corona.
Hope this helps.
Darren

MRK23
03-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Have experience that symtom which maybe caused by a loss of drum ground, on the back of the machine, remove the drum shaft collar and have the grounding plate make direct contact with the drum shaft. Be sure to apply conductive grease to the shaft to prevent noises and maintain a good drum ground. If on a high meter (2 mill plus machine) you may have to replace the high voltage wires running from the power supply to the trans/sep corona block and check the trans/sep block for arching and wear from the corona wires.

Kidaver
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
It's pretty much a brand new machine. Only about 16k copies on it. I'll look at the sep claws and the sep corona when I head out that way monday. Will also check if the drum is grounding right. I'm sure it's something simple and also being it's a school really cheap low quality paper mixed in with some good ole east Texas humidity. Thanx for the tips and I'll let you know what I find.

EarthKmTech
03-31-2012, 02:18 AM
in my experience this model fairs poorly in humid environments resulting in excessive paper jams. Paper dust & crap paper in general is an absolute no no, though the machine is more forgiving if the optional side large capacity tray is fitted as the paper path is straight and less paper dust is generated, but theres another paper dust remover to keep clean...

you can watch the drum separation claws in action by jigging the front left door and watching whats going on while papers feeding (one of the last old fashioned engines this is possible on)

the claws should be against the drum momentarily as the paper is about to feed by the drum - there is a solenoid in the drum sep claw section that gets full of stray toner/developer and binds up which is usually the cause if these failing to move. (or incorrect assembly by a noob)

vacuuming out the drum cartridge on every call is also a good idea.

Kidaver
04-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Went back and checked out the sep claws on the drum and sure enough the rear too were hanging further back and not moving at all. So tore down the IU and reseated them and problem solved. Thanx for the tips everyone.

Custom Search