PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 F-26-03

Custom Search

GeogiaP
03-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I picked up a Konica BizHub 7145. Upon starting it up it gave a please call service message with a F-26-01 code. I am not a copier tech, however I did try a number of things:

I ran L-detect which resulted in 0006. I then pulled the developer unit out, cleaned the contacts and put it back in. Then L-Detect response changed to 0005. When booted it gave error code F-26-01.

I then pulled the drum assembly, cleaned everything I could carefully and put it all back together. I now get a F-26-03 and L-Detect of 0005.

I am looking for any advice on what (and how) to test next. Is there any in built diagnostics in these units to actuate different motors/sensors? Any help in clearing this up is very appreciated.

I did check that the mixers in the finishing unit turn freely. I do have the service manual however I am not a printer exper, just an IT guy trying to fix this to donate to a non profit.

Coptech
03-30-2012, 10:04 PM
This may be useless info at this time as you should not have run the L detect without installing new developer.

It has been a few years since I worked on Konicas but I recall 7145s had a problem that if someone turned the machine off while it was in an add toner condition, it would code an F-26 because it could not read proper density at fire up. I "think" the fix was to run 47-54 to get it to tone back up and then power off/on would be normal.

Someone else may correct this if I am wrong.

MCBIG
03-30-2012, 10:16 PM
You are probably going to have to replace the developer. This problem can be a few different things but that far and away most often will fix it. It could be that the toner bottle is not turning, or the toner density sensor is failing.

...and I would definitely try what Coptech said above as well. It's always worth a shot!

GeogiaP
03-30-2012, 10:19 PM
When you say to run 47 - 54 is that hold down 4 and 7 at power up then do what next? :) I appreciate all the help I can get. How

How much does a new developer run for one of these? Many thanks.

GeogiaP
03-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I forgot to add, if it helps. This unit has 45,000 copies on it.

Coptech
03-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes. enter the 47 mode as you described, punch in 54 and print button I believe. It should run a little bit and stop on it's own when it catches up. Again, these are old memories and you may end up changing developer anyway.

Flash
03-30-2012, 11:21 PM
You may also have a bad drum or developer motor or printer control board. Since you have the maual look in the 47 mode section and see what code turns on the drum motor. I think it is 41 or 42 somewhere around there. If there is a seperate motor for the developer you should test that too. If the motors don"t turn on it is either the motor or the board. I had to replace a board this week for that code on a 7135.

GeogiaP
03-30-2012, 11:55 PM
I ran 54 and could hear a motor turning. Which others should I check. Thank you.

GeogiaP
03-31-2012, 12:30 AM
I went through the manual and ran a few more. Here are my results:

47 - 40 (Fixing motor) : I can hear it run, a little squealing sound.
47 - 41 (Main motor): I can hear it run
47 - 50 (Developing motor): No sound
* Is this the drum? I cant run this when the side door is open to see if the drum is moving. Any tricks here?

I really appreciate all the help everyone.

Flash
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
You may have a bad developer motor. You can swop it with the paper feed motor to make sure The part number is on the motor so find another motor with the same part number as the developer motor and run 47-50 to check it. If the developer still does not turn on the main driving board is probably bad.

GeogiaP
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
You may have a bad developer motor. You can swop it with the paper feed motor to make sure The part number is on the motor so find another motor with the same part number as the developer motor and run 47-50 to check it. If the developer still does not turn on the main driving board is probably bad.

Thank you. How do I watch the developer motor to see if it is working?

RRodgers
04-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Thank you. How do I watch the developer motor to see if it is working?

Pull the back cover off and have someone watch.

RRodgers
04-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Couple of things from SSD
HTH
F26-03, and the developer spilling.
Description:
F26-03, and the developer spilling.
Solution:
CAUSE: The TDS (toner density sensor) wiring has been pinched and is shorted to frame ground.

SOLUTION: Replace the TDS sensor (p/n 26NA88040)

Subject:
F26-03 displayed at power up and unable to perform L-detect.
Description:
F26-03 displayed at power up and unable to perform L-detect.
Solution:
CAUSE: Worn developer.

SOLUTION: Replace the developer (PCUA 960421).

Flash
04-04-2012, 10:48 PM
You can take the drum and developer unit out and then put the developer unit back in and run 47-50. You can run it with the toner door open and you should be able to see the magnetic roller turn or not.

Custom Search