PDA

View Full Version : C350 Imaging unit problem

Custom Search

Scottyj
04-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello,

I have 2 KM C350 machines.
I am getting a message on one of them that the yellow and cyan imaging units need changing. when I put the said imaging units in my other C350 they work fine and show they are only 3/4 through their lifespan. It seems the problem lies with the machine as opposed to the imaging units. Is there some sort of reset.

Thanks

907tec
04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
No problem with your machine...it just wants new imaging units. The "replace IU" can't be cleared by installing a previously-used imaging unit: it must be a completely unused IU or at least have an unused chip installed.

kronical
05-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Hello,

I am getting a message on one of them that the yellow and cyan imaging units need changing. when I put the said imaging units in my other C350 they work fine and show they are only 3/4 through their lifespan. It seems the problem lies with the machine as opposed to the imaging units. Is there some sort of reset.

Thanks

The imaging units don't contain life counters. Putting them into another machine will only show you the exact same life as the units originally in that machine. Thus, said imaging units are NOT at 3/4 life. You need to replace the units or have the chips reprogrammed.

mrwho
05-06-2012, 09:04 AM
The imaging units don't contain life counters. Putting them into another machine will only show you the exact same life as the units originally in that machine. Thus, said imaging units are NOT at 3/4 life. You need to replace the units or have the chips reprogrammed.

I'm sorry, but unless I'm waaay wrong, I believe the IUs do contain a life counter and, placing them on another machine will show the IU life and not the life of the IU previously on the machine.

I believe 907tec is right on this matter.

RRodgers
05-06-2012, 12:39 PM
One of the advertisers here sells chips to reset those IU's. Click the link and you're all set.

kronical
05-09-2012, 09:01 PM
The chip on the IUs contains model, color and lot info as well as a tag saying the unit is new. Once the unit is installed the 'new' tag is rewritten. Counter information is calculated based on page counts as well as number of rotations. The units will turn during calibrations which will only increment the rotation count and not the page count. Life indicator that is user accessible will be the higher percentage of the two. It is very possible tuat the unit may be only 3/4 used based on page counts, yet the rotations will be at EOL.
Either way, if the machine is calling for a new unit then only a new unit (or a new chip) will reset this.

Tata
05-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry, but unless I'm waaay wrong, I believe the IUs do contain a life counter and, placing them on another machine will show the IU life and not the life of the IU previously on the machine.

I believe 907tec is right on this matter.

907tec and Kronical are both saying the same thing. If you do not use an IU that is new or has a chip that has been reset the machine will continue to ask for a new IU. It's like a fuse on a belt. once it blows it starts counting the next cycle. You can then even remove the new or chipped IU and install a really old unit and the machine will think is new.

Darren King
05-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I am pretty sure that Tata is correct. The count follows the IU. And I think the count is based on minutes of rotation. Not neccessarily page count.
Darren

907tec
05-10-2012, 12:29 AM
I am pretty sure that Darren King, Tata, Kronical, RRodgers AND 907tec are correct on this one. Good work guys.

Darren King
05-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Yay us!!!!!

bushy
05-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Hello,

Thanks

Scotty

replace them they are as cheap as chips!!!!!

Bushy

kronical
05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
I am pretty sure that Darren King, Tata, Kronical, RRodgers AND 907tec are correct on this one. Good work guys.

Thats cause we rock!

Custom Search