PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF 1501 and Mac OS X (Leopard)

Custom Search

cuhl
11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi guys

I'm considering buying a used Minolta CF 1501 for a small office. Got a good price, saw some test prints and everything looks fine.

BUT - I spoke to Minolta and they say they stopped supporting the printer in terms of new drivers. So I'm concerned if the printer will work on my current setup.

I run a Mac with OS X 10.5.1 which is my main work station - but we also have a couple of VISTA users in the office. The printer however will be set up to run via our Windows 2003 Server (Minolta told me that I could install the drivers on that server even though they are developed for XP).

So my question is - if I print on the CF 1501 (configured as a network printer) from my mac, how will that work. Can I still use advanced features such as ICC-profiles etc. Can I control settings directly from Adobe CS3 programs etc.?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Chris

knightfall
11-22-2007, 03:00 AM
As far as I know there are windows 2003 and XP drivers for the Fiery of the CF1501 although no vista drivers, the Mac only has up to 10.2.x which could be used. Make sure you get the Fiery disk, it has the icc profiles for photoshop.

random
11-22-2007, 05:29 AM
You could use the generic PS driver on your mac. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for drivers.

Custom Search