PDA

View Full Version : Strange distorted image on LD-6500

Custom Search

CopyQ
04-04-2012, 03:38 AM
I need help!!!!!! I'm an end user. But just can't get any help from my techs. I dont think they even know about this site. It has helped me a bunch researching issues they can't fix. I run a Konica Minolta DL-6500 Production Machine. I get this strange distorted image way more often than I want. It may be on the fifth click or 10th or the 5000. As soon as the phone rings it happens and when you get back to the machine all you got is trash. Toggle off & on and it may work on or not. May need to toggle off 2 or 3 times to get good prints again. Then it may run for 3 or 4 days then it bites ya. I have tried reripping or reprinting, no help. You have to kill the Power to the machine. The image itself is a negative look with a solid single color background one of the 4 at say 50% - Like a screen or a mix like maroon or orange. I have encluded 3 correct and 3 distortion pdf's. They have replaced some board a long time ago, I don't know which one a frankly I don't care. I am on my own here. Capable of replacing boards myself. Pleas Help!!!

Mr Spock
04-04-2012, 05:09 AM
without knowing what has been done I would check the following.

cables between rip and machine loose or missing/bent pins can do this.
reseat/replace the video cards in both rip and machine (NOT CHEAP)
replace/reload the software on the rip and install all relevant patches.

then I would look at all the video editing components.

Albonline
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
without knowing what has been done I would check the following.

cables between rip and machine loose or missing/bent pins can do this.
reseat/replace the video cards in both rip and machine (NOT CHEAP)
replace/reload the software on the rip and install all relevant patches.

then I would look at all the video editing components.

tjhis is more often than not the interface cable. are you using the creo rip? they have this issue more than the fierys.

CopyQ
04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
tjhis is more often than not the interface cable. are you using the creo rip? they have this issue more than the fierys.
Thanks to Mr. Spock and Albonline for your input. Changed cable and reseated video board in rip. talked to my service provider and they said they had another 6500 that we can exchange parts on. Now we are getting somewhere. I was gone yesterday but they ran the machine all day with no problems. we will wait and see. Albonline,Yes it is a Creo rip. Spock LL&P.

Custom Search