PDA

View Full Version : Repo C353 Unit What to look for?

Custom Search

bizhub247
04-04-2012, 04:36 PM
SO I'm going today down to a place that has Repo and off lease C353, and C220 Units.

Any idea what i should look and check? most of the units have 50-100k on the clocks

I'm looking to replace a 2200 canon, I'm a light user around 1-2k bw/color a month, mostly like the
bizhub for the scan, print, and overall color, as well as the Konica name. Sick of Canon..

So guys and gals, what should i look for? what should i check before purchasing one of these units?
or should i stay totally away from them?

I keep hearing the drum goes at 150, whats the replace cost on that? can i do that my self?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Darren King
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
These are both very good machines. The C220 is a newer model and I would suggest it because of that. I would also suggest that you call a KonMin service provider and go on a service contract. Well worth it.
Hope this helps. Darren

bizhub247
04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
These are both very good machines. The C220 is a newer model and I would suggest it because of that. I would also suggest that you call a KonMin service provider and go on a service contract. Well worth it.
Hope this helps. Darren

You can get a service contract on a used unit? and if so what kinda costs?

Darren King
04-04-2012, 06:31 PM
The company I work for provides service contracts on used machines that we sell. Better check in your area to find out if it is available. I'm sure any dealer willing to put you on a service contract would want to check out the machine first.
Darren

bizhub247
04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
The company I work for provides service contracts on used machines that we sell. Better check in your area to find out if it is available. I'm sure any dealer willing to put you on a service contract would want to check out the machine first.
Darren

Ya, but then id be paying per click right? (something I was trying to avoid as a home office machine)

Darren King
04-04-2012, 06:49 PM
It is a case of "pay now or pay later". With a service contract you smooth out the bumps. When it comes time to replace an $800 image unit you will be happy you took the service contract. Plus it is a kind of insurance policy against other types of problems.
Darren

bizhub247
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
It is a case of "pay now or pay later". With a service contract you smooth out the bumps. When it comes time to replace an $800 image unit you will be happy you took the service contract. Plus it is a kind of insurance policy against other types of problems.
Darren

is there a service contract for parts/labor? rather then pay per click of usage?

Do you know what menus and which areas of the unit i should check over?

if i get the serial # can Konica tell me all about the unit, service history and such?

JustManuals
04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
04-04-2012, 10:29 PM
either KM machine you go for, look at the consumables life page under the utility menu on the control panel.

the gauges work the opposite to what you may expect, more squares equals more usage. no squares at all means the particular part has been changed recently. Expensive parts are the fusing units & transfer belts. on the C220 range colour developers are expensve, on the c353 range the colour imaging units are expensive, make sure they have plenty of life and you'll be fine.

if they were maintained by dealers there is every chance that they may have had the lives of those parts reset at some stage and not replaced, I would go for a machine maintained by KM themselves or low page count and not maintained at all (with good lives)

Custom Search