PDA

View Full Version : Several questions about IC-305 on c5501

Custom Search

primozks
04-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Would anybody be so kind and clarify some questions to me. I bought C5501 in december 2011, have service contract, but some things are bothering me before I call KM:

1. Should hotfolder option be enabled by default or is it optional? in BIOS Setup section of configuration print there is nothing under installed options: (I saw in some brochures that Hotfolder, Spot option and trapping are enabled by default for c5501 with ic-305)
2. I have version Fiery Sytem 8, release 2 installed, but I saw that release 3 is available for this controler. Is it possible to instal v3.0 to existing hardware?
3. if it's possible what's the difference between v2.0 and 3.0
4. Is it possible to edit paper catalog in CWS?
5. I got feature activation software CD among other CDs and documentation, but no dongle, and without manual how to use it. I hope somebody can tell me if it's usefull anyhow.
6. Is V3.0 somehow better in printing gradients? I should clarify this... Gradients printed directly with Fiery driver - Fiery was calibrated with CPS 3.1 - have quite visible banding, but printed from Colorproof XF with Fiery option they look great. Both calibrations have average delta E at around 2.5.
The problem is, that trial of Fiery option on colorproof XF will expire soon, but I have licenced and activated ColorProfilerSuite 3.1 and would rather use CPS than buying Fiery option for XF.

can somebody please answer those questions, that I can go for a "hunt" for newer software at KM, or better, would anybody be so kind and give me a link to v3.0 ISO (It takes soooooo long for KM to respond.... (I'm still waiting for firmware upgrade for C451 since 2010))?
Thanks,
Primoz

Custom Search