PDA

View Full Version : C451 Forgets Finnisher?

Custom Search

Mooseface2r
04-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I have a C451 that in the morning after it has been left all night will jam as the paper hits the bridging section rollers.

if you remove the jam and turn machine off and on it will work seamlessly until the next monirng where it will do the same thing until you turn it off and on again.

i have updated the fw to start but it does this every morning. and have also let the machine fall asleep and left it for 15 mins and it didnt do it. but it does it every morning after it has been left all night.

Any idea?

EarthKmTech
04-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I have a C451 that in the morning after it has been left all night will jam as the paper hits the bridging section rollers.

if you remove the jam and turn machine off and on it will work seamlessly until the next monirng where it will do the same thing until you turn it off and on again.

i have updated the fw to start but it does this every morning. and have also let the machine fall asleep and left it for 15 mins and it didnt do it. but it does it every morning after it has been left all night.

Any idea?

Had that issue on a c550. Power supply was failing, replaced it, incidently along with prcb, nevr happend again.

Mooseface2r
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks, I'll give the power supply a try. Cheers

KM GUY
04-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I have a similar issue with a C550 with an FS-608. Customer states that the machine will not show the finisher first thing in the morning, they will power down the machine and bring it back up and it will recognize the finisher. Would you go with the PRCB first or the power supply? I did see a KM TAD bulletin TAUS0800318EN00 that refers to PRCB failing. Any input is appreciated.

EarthKmTech
04-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I have a similar issue with a C550 with an FS-608. Customer states that the machine will not show the finisher first thing in the morning, they will power down the machine and bring it back up and it will recognize the finisher. Would you go with the PRCB first or the power supply? I did see a KM TAD bulletin TAUS0800318EN00 that refers to PRCB failing. Any input is appreciated.

Unfortunately, my situation dictated that i had to change the prcb and the power supply so i cant say with any certainty as to which one fixed it.

In my honest opinion i would think it could be the power supply - perhaps a certain rail is not supplying power in a timely fashion after start up, making the finisher appear disconnected. Could also be a fault with the PRCB too, so who knows :rolleyes:

my machine was getting an awful lot of black drum motor rotation failures, which were occasionally correlating with finisher disappearance issues. the timing of these occurances dictated that I HAD to change the prcb, black drum motor and power supply.

KM GUY
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Just to give a wrap up on the forgetting of finisher problem. I replaced the DC power supply and the PRCB and still had the same problem. Proceeded to replace MFB board, induction heat power supply and and about everything else except the casters with no results. Had the manufacturers rep come in and we replaced the DC power supply a second time and the problem was resolved. Really got burned here with a bad out of box DC power supply that exhibited the exact same problem as the original power supply. Along with the "forgetting the finisher" issue we also intermittently got C225B codes, miscommunication errors with the finisher, and phantom jams. Don't get burned like I did, focus in on the DC power supply.

Custom Search