PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C552 Brand New "Install Image Unit Error"

Custom Search

AlSyed
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I got this BRAND NEW C552, Installed the toner cartidges and turn ON the machine. It asked to "Install Image Unit Error" whereas all 4 IU are installed. First screen with this meassge has all 3 colour IU and 2nd screen has indication of Blk IU. Looked at connections but nothing look loose or not inserted. HDD is installed but was not activated, I selected Install and then went to format but Stop button is not turning Blue when I select Physical or Logical Format and I cant format it. also on first screen where we should have Address Book Version Upgrade or Downgrade I did not see last 3 buttons whereas 2nd screen does have Format buttons which are not working. Attached is the image of Firmware. Also in life counter it says OM or 0M (Zero M) instead of number of copies.
Installation sheet came with copier does not ask to do anything else except gradition or thinngs like normal. Need to deliver the machine ASAP but got into this trouble. Will appreciate some help.

JustManuals
04-09-2012, 01:11 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Thats seriously ancient/crap firmware. That machine must of been on the shelf a very long time or something fishy is going on.

AlSyed
04-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Thats seriously ancient/crap firmware. That machine must of been on the shelf a very long time or something fishy is going on.

Your first & part of second sentence is good. Yes it was sitting on the shelf for a very long time. I am a wholeseller in Canada and sometimes get new copiers as well. I have more then 1200 only Konica Minolta Copiers in my warehouse and there are times when I run into trouble with Firware or issue like these. Cant understand why you said fishy but thanks for your help.

SmellsHot
04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
I think he wants you to upgrade the Firmware!!!
Make sure your fw version goes to level 3. Read the readme file with the firmware....have to chang software switch 25. hex 20. which will allow you to tell it version 3. Should eliminate your IU issues...this iu issue usually happens when someone downgrades firmware...

AlSyed
04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Very many Tnx for the advises. I just upgraded to the latest Firmware and its working fine. Appreciated all the help from SmellsHot & PerthKMTECH.

Custom Search